Squeaking noise coming from engine bay

VinSVT

Established Member
This morning when I started my car up I heard a very slight squeaking noise coming from under the hood. It gets louder as the revs go higher. But the thing is once the car is at running temp, the noise goes away.. Anyone have any idea why this is? What could be squeaking while the car is cold but not when its warm? Im really confused... :??:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is it a squeaking or a chirping? Can you differentiate where it is coming from? Front of motor (belt area)? Driver's side lower engine bay? Etc. Could be a TOB issue.

coleman

Established Member
Might just be an idler bearing as well....
You can always remove the 8-ribbed belt for a short period of time to see if the noise disappears.

VinSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Is it a squeaking or a chirping? Can you differentiate where it is coming from? Front of motor (belt area)? Driver's side lower engine bay? Etc. Could be a TOB issue.

Its a squeaking for sure.. It sounds to me like its coming front the pully/belt area.. but since its very hard to hear at idle and only when reving its hard to tell.

Would either of the two things here go away after the car was warmed up?

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Check your belt gaurd that is attached to the blower, you might have broken the top weld on it, or it could just be loose, seen it recently on a cobra

Rick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Coleman might be on to something if you are hearing it from the pulley area. I would try his suggestion of removing the belt for a test.

03YellowVenom

Established Member
Mine does the same thing, its definately coming from the secondary belt, squeaks a little when cold and then goes away.The belt looks like its pretty hard to get at.Looks like it might be a pain in the butt to change :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread