370 hp @ 5,250 RPM
395 lb-ft @ 4,200 RPM
8-speed automatic

2018 Charger R/T Scat Pack
6.4-liter HEMI V8
485 hp @ 6,100 RPM
475 lb-ft @ 4,100 RPM
8-speed automatic

So, the Scat Pack replaced the SRT(8) model? There's no "regular" SRT model anymore? It goes Scat Pack then Hellcat?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Good lawd.

Dodge, this is getting out of hand. Talk about beating a dead horse. It's the same car every year over and over and over.

Atleast when we went from attractive 15-17 S550 to catfish 18+ S550, it was a considerable leap in tech. Now all they are doing at FCA is changing the grill. What is this, pepboys for OEM?

jrandy

Established Member
What's special about the Daytona?

The Daytona is actually what I ended up getting last month. As mentioned, Dodge really beat the ever living shit out of all their models. Most can be nearly identical depending on the options.

The Daytona comes with the dynamics package as a standard option, which is optional for the Scat Packs, that includes the 6 piston Brembo brakes and 9" rims instead of 8" on the non dynamics Scat Packs. The seats are different as well as having flat black roof and some miscellaneous graphics. There are other smaller differences as well, such as having a 'cold air' intake.

The biggest difference going to the 392 SRT is that it has the adjustable suspension.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

KrisHorton

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Refresh or an actual new generation? Or still on that ancient chassis?

Last chassis/platform update was 2011 I believe. Previously it was the LX platform (300/Charger/Magnum/Challenger). Still a bit long in the tooth though at 8 years. I wonder when these cars will get another full update. I think someone in the know had said 2021.

SHOdown220

Established Member
So, the Scat Pack replaced the SRT(8) model? There's no "regular" SRT model anymore? It goes Scat Pack then Hellcat?

The way i understood it when the Scat Pack came out it was a way of getting the power and performance of the SRT8 model but without all the technology/interior upgrades. So the people who wanted performance>tech were able to get that about 10 grand cheaper than the SRT8 model. So it has the 6.4 and suspension/brakes of the SRT but with R/T interior/tech

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Fox and Panther both came out in 78, Fox ended in 93 (15 years, not counting Sn95), Panther in 2011 (32 years)(not counting the exports made in '12)

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Yes, there is still a regular SRT. I don't know why either, it's pointless.
SRT8 has mag ride, interior upgrades, etc. Scat Pack is like the LX Ford wont build anymore. My 17 SP stickered for $39K for a 485 HP V8 with an 8 speed auto. SRT8s are $50K+, and heavier :p

byeofcr

Established Member
Love my 18 scat..
The engine is a monster, sounds great, looks mean and the trans is slick.
Not liking this grill but overall still a hell of a car for the money

Jefe

Established Member
They better add the rain sensing wipers and auto dimming headlights. The Challengers got them but not the Chargers

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, what a hot looking car.
Like I've said before, if I lived in an area that I didn't need the 4X4, I would daily a brand new Hellcat Charger.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
great looking cars inside and out. i believe they could use a bump in performance though.

While i agree a bump in power is never a bad thing, i think they’re still holding their own even against the latest and greatest 5.Bros.

Funny to see all the good comments. Most around here clowned it when this design was first released calling it a baby dart.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
SRT8 has mag ride, interior upgrades, etc. Scat Pack is like the LX Ford wont build anymore. My 17 SP stickered for $39K for a 485 HP V8 with an 8 speed auto. SRT8s are $50K+, and heavier :p

110b54a1e5cf7dd4db4a157109eceadb.jpg

3 mode adaptive but far cry from mag ride.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

While i agree a bump in power is never a bad thing, i think they’re still holding their own even against the latest and greatest 5.Bros.

Funny to see all the good comments. Most around here clowned it when this design was first released calling it a baby dart.

Wow, I wanted to see a race, not a 13 minute vlog. Nevermind I guess....

kidds302

Established Member

i wish i had the 4 vids of my buddys and i running our stock s197s against 2 big bully scats. A bump in power would make me think twice before running with em, until then im not worried.

Users who are viewing this thread