Sputters at WOT

PC COBRA

Established Member
After i washed my car about a month ago, the car will sputter when i WOT and the boost hits 10-14 psi.

I have replace the plugs, fuel filter, PPRV delete, coil rubber boots.
The rubber boots had white residue on the tip of the boots.
I have cleaned the MAF

The car was tunned last year, and i have been washing the engine for 2 years
This issue has come up after the last 2 engine washes and i would clean the MAF sensor and it would last 2-3 days and back to normal.

KILRSVT

Established Member
recheck your plugs.what is your gap? and check to see if there is any white residue on the coils as well..you might have a bad coil...replacing the boot will not repair it. check for any corrosion around your maf connectors....

PC COBRA

Established Member
I bought (2) new coils and meaured to the original coils and all the coils are good.

There is some slight corrsion to the bottom of the wells, i will try to clean today.

I put new plugs last week and have a gap of 0.034
I measured the alternator and is measuring very low, but no code and battery is measuring at 12.56 volts

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Sounds like what I'm experiencing now. You can feel a loss of power like it's missing a spark if I'm near WOT or at WOT. I'm fixing to change plugs and boots.

Subscribing!

viperstang

Established Member
wow same thing happen to me last night. puled the plugs and found number 3 blown out. going to change my plugs and see what happens. what about the white residue? what does it mean if its pressent?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I only seem to notice the power loss if the engine is warmed up, if it's cool it's not present.

Users who are viewing this thread