Springs or LCA's?

luvgun74

Established Member
I have a couple hundred bucks to invest on the 500 and from everyone's experience i was wondering if you can help me out as far as should have some eibach pro kit springs installed or lower control arms? I'm leaning towards springs since it will visually improve looks and handling as well. Will the LCA's improve dramatically on wheel hop or do i need the uppers as well? Also, are LCA's something that can be installed in my own garage without any special tools? Can i just unbolt the factory's and slap on the new ones as simple as that or should i have them installed? Also, what LCA's do you recommend?

skyhighsd

Established Member
If you just drive your car and dont really beat on it, go with the springs. But if you have seen the unreal wheel hop then throw the money at the LCA's some have changed just the lowers and said that it took care of most of the wheel hop. If you decide to lower the car you should buy a adj UCA to correct the pinion angle and a adj panhard bar to recenter the rear axle. LCA's are very easy to change in your garage and really doesnt take anything special other than a troque wrench. If you normally work on your own stuff everything you are talking about changing is easy to do in your garage. There are so many brands out there for LCA's that it would be hard to say the best, more like how much money do you want to spend. BMR, J&M, Steeda ect.

luvgun74

Established Member
Yeah that's what i was thinking too! =) Trying to save for some 20 inch razors before summer gets here, so a couple hundred bucks is all i can squeeze out of my tight budget! LOL I wish one of you rich asses would hurry up and sell your old ones so i can save a little! LOL I know most of you 500 owners usually upgrade to a new set of rims each year! :dancenana:

skyhighsd

Established Member
lol, I might be selling some ccw's later this spring if I can make my other set work. Keep an eye on the market place in month or two.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I doubt springs will void any warranty

My dealership said the only springs that did not void warranty were the FRPP and they didn't even sell the FRPP's I had to have them shipped to the dealership. :shrug:

So its not like they were trying to make a buck off of me.

Last edited:

cobra1718

Established Member
My dealership said the only springs that did not void warranty were the FRPP and they didn't even sell the FRPP's I had to have them shipped to the dealership. :shrug:

So its not like they were trying to make a buck off of me.
not trying to cause any arguement, but that sounds fishy. I have taken my 08 into the dealership for warranty work and was never questioned about my lowering springs, They replaced the rack and pinion. Matter of fact they complimented me of the improved looks of the car

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You need to provide clarification. Did they say that anything other than FRPP springs would void your overall warranty or just the warranty for the struts? Big difference.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
not trying to cause any arguement, but that sounds fishy. I have taken my 08 into the dealership for warranty work and was never questioned about my lowering springs, They replaced the rack and pinion. Matter of fact they complimented me of the improved looks of the car

Hmm I guess it depends on the dealership. I specifically ask mine and that was the answer I got. My son asked them about FRPP cam for his Mustang GT and the said the cams would void his bumper to bumper. Yet they sell trucks with lift kits and big tires and rims with full warranties on them.

Users who are viewing this thread