Spring isolators?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Just a quick question regarding spring isolators, specifically regarding MM poly ones and stock. How much difference in ride height is there between the stock rubber and MM poly spring isolators?

adam

Established Member
I had the original isolators in when I installed my springs and put the MM in afterwards because I wanted it just a bit more clearance. They are accurate it raises about 1/4 inch

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Thanks guys, 1/4" sure doesnt seem like much. I only have the rears installed at the moment and that thing is slammed with the stock isolators.

mosconiac

Established Member
I would agree that it couldn't be more than 1/4".

I held the OEM and MM side-by-side in my hand and figured they wouldn't do anything. I ended up using the MM's up front and OEM out back. The top of wheel wells measure 25.8" up front and 26.0" out back so the car is nearly perfectly level.

With the stock tires, it looks like the rear is slightly lower (because the rear tire is tucked into the wheel well to far). We'll see how it looks with 315's on 10.5s and 1/4" spacers pretty soon. :)

tec7426

Established Member
What does the spring isolator do, and what does it look like?:??:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by tec7426
What does the spring isolator do, and what does it look like?:??:
Spring isolators are just rubber(facotry) or poly (MM for example) rubber rings that sit on the top where spring meets body and bottom where spring sits on lower control arm. They help to reduce NVH and prevent metel on metal contact and wear.

mosconiac

Established Member
...what does it look like?

6-1701n3c-lg.jpg

tec7426

Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
Spring isolators are just rubber(facotry) or poly (MM for example) rubber rings that sit on the top where spring meets body and bottom where spring sits on lower control arm. They help to reduce NVH and prevent metel on metal contact and wear.

Thanks for the explanation. I have purchased the H&R sport springs and am still a little reluctant/concerned about the drop in height possibly being too much, so I gather I could actually get the MM spring isolators and raise it 1/4 in.
Thanks again.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Originally posted by tec7426
Thanks for the explanation. I have purchased the H&R sport springs and am still a little reluctant/concerned about the drop in height possibly being too much, so I gather I could actually get the MM spring isolators and raise it 1/4 in.
Thanks again.
I would definately put the poly ones on the front, I tend to have some tire rubbage on the fender lining (not bad) if I take a rough corner at crazy speeds. The rear I think is unnecessary, and think it would look perfect with the stock, but definately think drivability would be better with the poly ones up front.

tec7426

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
I would definately put the poly ones on the front, I tend to have some tire rubbage on the fender lining (not bad) if I take a rough corner at crazy speeds. The rear I think is unnecessary, and think it would look perfect with the stock, but definately think drivability would be better with the poly ones up front.

I just ordered front and rear from MM. Thanks for the information and recommendations.:rockon:

BLK_03

Established Member
I did as Mosconiac mentioned above. MM isolators in the front, OE isolators on the back. Drop is absolutely perfect (for my taste). It sits almost perfectly level, the way it SHOULD look. i.e. no rake...

Users who are viewing this thread