Spring install cost???

BOOMER23

Established Member
Ive searched pretty well and come up with nothing really so I thought Id ask you guys how much can i expect to spend to get these new H&R sports and poly isos put on and what kind of a shop would be my best bet for this kinda thing....also should i mention to them about dropping the back of the IRS being the easiest method or leave it all up to them???

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
I'm not exactly sure how much it would cost, maybe $75 - $100 or so. But it is really easy to do yourself and save some money.

Mike

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Id say $150-$200 and dont mention the isos to them just say u want the spring installed and give them everything if not they might charge more like adding half hr labor just to put isos on. Also u know that putting the isos on it with H&R race springs wont even look lowered. IMO u should try to install these ur self its easy.

6spd

Established Member
yup, i just lowered my car today. didnt even take very long. its handy to have an extra set of hands though.

hmwave

Established Member
I've had quotes from $300 to $500.

You can do it yourself. I've done it twice now and hated it both times. I have air, professional tools, spring compressors, etc, but even so I can honestly say this is not an easy job to do alone.

I've had sockets snap on me and the IRS not wanting to reseat itself in the upper mounts with much prying and cussing necesary to get it back in.
Not a job I'd recommend unless you are one just to grin and bear it until done.

antiv6

Established Member
i got quoted 180 for springs and 80 for c/c plates at the cheapest place i found, Ended up doing both with my buddies in like 6 hours (we just did it again on my other friends cobra in 3)

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Biggest mistake in doing springs is using spring compressors. You dont need them and they suck to use. Just jack the car up enough to be able to lower the IRS and A arms enough to get them out. You will be fine if you search for the tech write up on this or the other 4000 mustang forums. Will look around myself-shane

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
do it yourself it soo soo easy! The hardest thing is getting off your catback. A shop Will more than likely charge you close to what you paid for your springs, Good luck with your decision.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Odd..I've done it maybe 8 times and never touched anything with the exhaust.-Shane

antiv6

Established Member
when we lowered the irs the tips were keeping it from going low enough to get the springs out

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ok, never had to do it but I'm sure from what you guys say could possibly make it easier:shrug:-Shane

SpectorV

Established Member
the install is not very bad, I just didnt have the tools needed nore the space~ so I paid 175 at a very nice mustang shop to have them put in. If I had a couple tools that I currently am without I would have done the install, ive done it on a few stangs and the rear on the IRS is quite easy.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Id say $150-$200 and dont mention the isos to them just say u want the spring installed and give them everything if not they might charge more like adding half hr labor just to put isos on. Also u know that putting the isos on it with H&R race springs wont even look lowered. IMO u should try to install these ur self its easy.

yeah but he has the sport springs so it should still look lowered even with the iso's shouldn't it?

antiv6

Established Member
the install is not very bad, I just didnt have the tools needed nore the space~ so I paid 175 at a very nice mustang shop to have them put in. If I had a couple tools that I currently am without I would have done the install, ive done it on a few stangs and the rear on the IRS is quite easy.
for 175 you could have bought the tools needed to do the job with money leftover

Users who are viewing this thread