Spray or converter

• 10's on the bottle

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Easy 11's na

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters

5bites

Established Member
Because I'm as indecisive as the rest of you I thought I'd throw this up here. I'm leaning toward the bottle but who knows. Basically I'm budgeted for one or the other.

pohnjarker

Established Member
IMO...unless you're going to be running the track A LOT, id go with spray first because its just fun, you can play with that anywhere. then suspension. then converter

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
IMO...unless you're going to be running the track A LOT, id go with spray first because its just fun, you can play with that anywhere. then suspension. then converter

I've grown to like using the power I have. Blowing the tires off is fun for a few days.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I'd go spray, and no converter or suspension. Ive been 1.52 on stock suspension. Look at Omars Paxton car, 1.41 on stock suspension. Also you can run 11's N/A with the stock converter, which is fast enough for me for a daily driver. Then when you wanna play or go to the track and go faster you turn the bottle on. Just my thoughts based on my experience.

Last edited:

5bites

Established Member
Details on your set-up?

My car is a '12 gt cs with tune and cat deletes. I have bigs and littles waiting to go on but haven't used them yet. It's been a best of 12.42@115 on street tires in around 1000+ da. This falls in line with what the other cars run locally.

After talking to Need4Speed03 and seeing his results I'm not as worried about suspension. Not only him but others.

I do appreciate the advice you guys have given though!

cuzracecar

Established Member
i started a thread just like this called gears and converter vs nitrous a couple months back and it was pretty spilt with a lot of people saying just save up another $2k and get a paxon you wont regret it lol i was really hopefull that there would be more nitrous cars out there cuz it seems like everyones jumping on the paxon bandwagon....

casper gt

Established Member
I had to vote but I think you already know my answer, lol.

no mention of gears though?.......................:shrug:

mjohns930

Established Member
Voted for spray. Hard to beat 10s at the flip of a switch, then turn it off for the drive home.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Converter is a lot better option performance wise then gears. Nitrous is great but not having that power all the time really sucks. This coming from a guy who has had two nitrous cars and I finally found boost and will never look back. I still say suspension, converter, then power adder.

5bites

Established Member
Boost would just be awesome but its far more than $2000 difference! The cheapest setup I've found is between$4500-5000. A guy can spray for under $1000 safely.

I sure wish these converters would come out!!! Btw what's a good recommended stall speed for a dd but want to lean toward track results? I was thinking 3500. That's far better than the 1800-2000 from the stock unit.

Ha Casper I'm pretty sure I know which way you went. Gears will have to wait though.

Users who are viewing this thread