Spotted!!! Gt500 Testing At Firebird Raceway!!

Fourcam330

Established Member
Almo said:
:beer: I am saving this thread in favorites so I can rub it in to Fourcam330 when all it does is about 525 with everything on it. All in good fun though.

Fourcam330 :p :-D

Again using Jeff's low end estimate, you're saying with all the bolt ons, full exhaust, and smallest possible pulley size, it's going to gain a whopping 85rw over stock? :D

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
R1Lello said:
:beer:

Hey, let's start a poll and vote on these two guys.............my money's on Fourcam as I'll bet withing six months of these cars being on the road and in the hands of some well known tuners, we will see excellent numbers.

I started a poll regarding this topic, so lets see what people think she will do and we can revisit when we have real numbers.

MedVader

Established Member
Almo said:
Thought you said a stock blower? :nonono:

The '03/'04 Cobras needed a twin screw on 4.6L with inferior heads to run 130mph in the quarter.

A 250lb heavier GT500 with a bigger(and supposedly better roots) with better heads on 5.4L will probably get there without a twin screw upgrade.

Almo

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Again using Jeff's low end estimate, you're saying with all the bolt ons, full exhaust, and smallest possible pulley size, it's going to gain a whopping 85rw over stock? :D

:p I didn't say anything about a pulley change. The snout itself will most likely have to be changed out to go with a smaller pulley and have you seen how small the pulley already is? Going with a smaller upper might cause slippage too. :shrug:

Almo

Established Member
MedVader said:
The '03/'04 Cobras needed a twin screw on 4.6L with inferior heads to run 130mph in the quarter.

A 250lb heavier GT500 with a bigger(and supposedly better roots) with better heads on 5.4L will probably get there without a twin screw upgrade.

I beg to differ... they're are a few out and about that are running 130 with a twin screw. :bored:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Almo said:
:p I didn't say anything about a pulley change. The snout itself will most likely have to be changed out to go with a smaller pulley and have you seen how small the pulley already is? Going with a smaller upper might cause slippage too. :shrug:

When I say pulley change talking about the GT500 I mean snout swap. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Almo said:
I beg to differ... they're are a few out and about that are running 130 with a twin screw. :bored:

That's what MedVader stated...It's possible for an 03/04 but it requires a twin screw.

Formula51

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
When I say pulley change talking about the GT500 I mean snout swap. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Even with a snout swap, there is a limit to how small of a pulley you can run, due to the physical design and impending belt slip. Do you know the diameter of the upper pulley on the GT500's blower?

Fourcam330

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Even with a snout swap, there is a limit to how small of a pulley you can run, due to the physical design and impending belt slip. Do you know the diameter of the upper pulley on the GT500's blower?

Not off hand.

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
I know previously I suggested a "step-up" pulley, but apparently there isn't room enough for such a thing under the hood. But what about internal gearing in a snout swap? Could that be possible? I just don't know what the inside of the snout looks like, or how the stock pulley drives the rotors...

91svtbird

Established Member
Attention Dave Schotz !! Any progress on posting that video? Now that you have shown us some pics of the GT500s in action could we see the video please? We're all waiting !!!! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
eichisama said:
I know previously I suggested a "step-up" pulley, but apparently there isn't room enough for such a thing under the hood. But what about internal gearing in a snout swap? Could that be possible? I just don't know what the inside of the snout looks like, or how the stock pulley drives the rotors...

A snout with a planetary gear set would work, but it would take a high quality fabrication to work reliably. You could run a larger pulley to limit belt slip and still spin the blower faster.

Formula51

Established Member
PowerWheels said:
A snout with a planetary gear set would work, but it would take a high quality fabrication to work reliably. You could run a larger pulley to limit belt slip and still spin the blower faster.

Now that would be an interesting work around! I was looking through old threads and found the one with the engine pics from the autoshow. The guy who took the pictures says the upper pulley is 2.9/3.0 inches. Pretty small.

Users who are viewing this thread