Spotted an extended cab lightning!

redstang98

slooooooow
Established Member
He says he installed a supercharger but only shows engine pics of his air filter, intake tube, alternator, and coolant hose? Very fishy this one, besides the fact that it's not a Lightning

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
So, a MagnaCharger is a Roots-style blower, correct? So why do the engine shots look like an intake tube going into the stock throttle body? I'm raising the :bs: flag on this one BIG time....

Revision.....

I went to "ask seller a question" and posed this q at him......So, you say there's a MagnaCharger on the truck, right? Tell me then, why am I looking at pictures of an intake tube going into a stock throttle body?

We'll see what he has to say.....Also, I visited MagnaCharger's website, and found no mention of a kit for a 2V 5.4 F-150....

P/N Year Description Finish Retail Price
Ford F-150 5.4L 3V
01-12-65-051-SL 2004-06 Ford F-150 with 5.4 3V Silver $5,677.88
01-12-65-051-PO 2004-06 Ford F-150 with 5.4 3V Polished $6,449.63
01-12-65-053-SL 2007-08 Ford F-150 with 5.4 3V Silver $5,677.88
01-12-65-053-PO 2007-08 Ford F-150 with 5.4 3V Polished $6,449.63

Even more, here's an installed pic on a 3V F-150....

MagnaF150.gif

Here's the dude's truck.....

NonMagnaF150.gif

I smell scam.:nonono:

Last edited:

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
I cant believe it is already over 8k. Keep us posted on what the seller says. I saw this a few days ago and was gonna ask why there were no pics of the s/c myself. Matt

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Update----So, i just got home and checked my e-mail, and found an email from Stealbay with this answer...."Are you indicating the truck does not have a magna charger ?" So, I responded with..."I'm just saying that with the pictures you posted, it appears not. Would you be able to go back and get some better engine shots, including shots of said MagnaCharger? Thx!" He just responded back with....."Look at the last photo posted , it reflects the charger. I am will never dsecribe an item falsely. I hope this helps."

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Update----So, i just got home and checked my e-mail, and found an email from Stealbay with this answer...."Are you indicating the truck does not have a magna charger ?". I am will never dsecribe an item falsely. I hope this helps."

You should email him back and let him know listing a f-150 ext cab as a Lightning is describing a item falsely

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Well he updated his listed and states a money back gaurantee. The last picture only shows the inlet pipe some braided lines and what appears to be a relocated alternator. Matt

Last edited:

dizzygoat

Established Member
not a scam, you guys are the ones full of sh!t, ive seen numerous extended and even super crew lightnings. You guys are just haters...

EDIT: "i am will never describe an item falsely." bwahahahah is this a fourth grader trying to sell the truck?

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
not a scam, you guys are the ones full of sh!t, ive seen numerous extended and even super crew lightnings. You guys are just haters...

EDIT: "i am will never describe an item falsely." bwahahahah is this a fourth grader trying to sell the truck?

Listing a ext cab F150 as a Lightning is Falsely representing what he is selling. He is selling a F150 ext cab, No more no less. A Lightning has to be titled as a Lightning, the last I recall the only two options Ford offered on a gen2 Lightning were a soft bed cover and liner, Not a extended cab.
We are not hating on him, He is misrepresenting what he is selling.

Last edited:

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Listing a ext cab F150 as a Lightning is Falsely representing what your selling. Your selling a F150 ext cab, No more no less. A Lightning has to be titled as a Lightning, the last I recall the only two options Ford offered on a gen2 Lightning were a soft bed cover and liner, Not a extended cab.
We are not hating on you, your misrepresenting what your selling and we called you out.

I don't think dizzygoat though is the one selling this make shift L. I also emailed the seller as soon as I saw it. He responded promptly with:
"The Magna Charger is slightly visible in the engine compartment. I am currently out of town and upon returning I will add several photos. The current pictures do not show the full potential of this unique truck. Thanks for looking. Bob"

Now, if it was me, I would want full on pics of the blower to show everyone that it has one installed. The pics are very dark and don't do it any justice. But the motor does look to be a regular 5.4 in the pics. He should just lose the Lightning emblem and be done with it. All I like on it, is the hood. That looks cool, IMO. Let's see who the lucky buyer is and how much they end up paying for it. Betcha it will be a newb to Ebay. :D

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member

Jesus Christ man calm down. If you have ever seen a super duty or ext cab Lightning is was a clone or a Harley Davidson. Is this your truck or something? You seem to be taking alot of offense to our opinions. And I also kinda like the hood.

Last edited:

dizzygoat

Established Member
haha im calm mang, i sense that my sarcasm wasnt detected.....all in good fun

EDIT: i have NEVER seen a lightning clone, whether it be extended or supercrew, i guess i sholdve been more specific with my sarcastic remarks. IF you knew me, youd understand the nature of most my posts. No offense taken here, just as i hope i didnt offend anyone else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread