Sport Bike Enthusiast (See My New Ride) PICS INSIDE!!!!

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Well me and my friends have been talking about getting ourselves Sport Bikes and this past week/weekend 3 of us including me picked up sports bike, how ironic is that! I picked up mine this past Friday.

Anyway here are the pictures tell me what you think. It is a 2001 GSXR 600. My other two buddies have a 2006 GSXR 600 and 2008 Yamaha R6. I have more friend that has a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R but he has been riding for a year now.

HPIM1731.gif

HPIM1730.gif

HPIM1727.gif

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Looks in really good condition for an 01. This your first bike? Keep the rubber side down and always wear a helmet.

Coiled03

Established Member
That's exactly like the last sportbike I had. Sold mine 2 or three years ago, though. Very nice looking bikes.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Looks great for an 01. I've got the same bike (but an 03) and it doesn't look nearly as clean.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Looks in really good condition for an 01. This your first bike? Keep the rubber side down and always wear a helmet.

Yes this is my first bike. I am already signed up for my bike class which will be great help. I don't plan on getting crazy on this bike at all just mainly to cruise around with friends and what not. With gas getting so high it isn't a bad idea.

That's exactly like the last sportbike I had. Sold mine 2 or three years ago, though. Very nice looking bikes.

Yeah I was amazed how good it looked when I went and looked at it in person. Especially for a 2001.

nice bike. im hoping to get my 07 gsxr 750 this summer

Thanks! It's that time of the year!!!

Looks great for an 01. I've got the same bike (but an 03) and it doesn't look nearly as clean.

Yeah the owner kept this bike in very good shape. It has never been dropped or anything. The family races bikes. So they have their own racing team as a family so they know how to take care of their bikes as I had seen. Thanks for the compliment. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Nino S

Established Member
sweet bike man!! looks hella clean for an 01. Its got all the nice visual mods already done so you are set. Ride it safe and always be aware of your surroundings!!!

97on22s

Established Member
you never buy a bike with intentions of acting an ass...its just what a bike does to the rider and riding with buddies always makes it that much harder to not try and act out...

be safe man..ive been riding a long time. lots of new guys try a thing or two there not ready for and game over..

nie bike have fun! take your time!

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Very nice man! Clean...what did u pick it up for? how many miles?

I picked it up for $4500 with 11K on it. I think it was a good deal considering how clean the bike is.

you never buy a bike with intentions of acting an ass...its just what a bike does to the rider and riding with buddies always makes it that much harder to not try and act out...

be safe man..ive been riding a long time. lots of new guys try a thing or two there not ready for and game over..

nie bike have fun! take your time!

I know what you mean. Some fall into the peer pressure of trying to "fit in" and I am not that guy. If my friends are acting crazy speeding and what not then you can count me out. I want to get as comfortable as possible on the bike before I start jumping on the throttle a little.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Awesome man, that is the bike I want. I have been highly considering getting one in the near future. You have the exact bike I've been wanting/looking at. Stay safe and enjoy.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Just be safe man, dont be an idiot while riding. Always respect the power of the bike even if its 600cc.

And always wear your gear no matter how hot it is.

aaandht

Established Member
Be safe man, one of my friends who I got my bike license with last year just picked himself up a ZX6R(first bike was a Ninja 500). With only 1k or so miles on it he layed it down cause of some gravel. Worst was some road rash and a broken hand...oh and a busted bike.

That said I'm lookin at gettin an F3/F4i should be on the roads by the middle of the summer.

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
Looks good man. I found a killer deal on a 01 ZX-7R around my way I might pick up. Guy said it has a small oil leak while running. Other than that its perfect. I wanna get it so bad.

cobra331v1

Established Member
Sweet man!!

I have an 07 R6. Love every mile of it!!!! At first my wrists hurt bad because of the extreme forward lean of the Yamahas. But then a friend told me to ride with my legs and ass and not my arms. World of difference!!!! Take it slow in the twisties too. Slow in, then throttle. look through the turn, not down or straight ahead. Oh, and when in traffic, ALWAYS have a way out!!!:eek:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Awesome man, that is the bike I want. I have been highly considering getting one in the near future. You have the exact bike I've been wanting/looking at. Stay safe and enjoy.

Thanks! I was looking a few other bikes and when I came across this one I knew it was the one. I love the color scheme and how the overall bike looks in general.

Looks good man. I found a killer deal on a 01 ZX-7R around my way I might pick up. Guy said it has a small oil leak while running. Other than that its perfect. I wanna get it so bad.

Well check into see how much it would be to get that oil leak fixed and if it isn't going to cost much or be a hassle to you then I say go for it if the price is right. :rockon:

I have an 07 R6. Love every mile of it!!!! At first my wrists hurt bad because of the extreme forward lean of the Yamahas. But then a friend told me to ride with my legs and ass and not my arms. World of difference!!!! Take it slow in the twisties too. Slow in, then throttle. look through the turn, not down or straight ahead. Oh, and when in traffic, ALWAYS have a way out!!!:eek:

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that all in mind. I will be practicing around my neighborhood alot before I head out to the big road and I still have about a month before my bike class starts so I have alot of time to practice in my 15mph speed zone Lol.

302venom

yeah its only a 99..
Established Member
congrats,be safe,watch out for other drivers this is the biggest thing.rember shiny side up!

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Nice bike....great shape and low miles for an 01

Users who are viewing this thread