Sport Auto takes C7 Z06 to 7:13 on the Ring!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Corvette is not a "super car"... Its just a sports car with super car level performance.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
A 918 or P1 will go into limp mode very quickly in very high heat to preserve the battery. What hunks of garbage.

Almost every road car will overheat eventually. Gotta have appropriate expectations for street cars vs. race cars.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Show us who the butt hurt is, car is still behind a 2010 ACR. Which runs on older Sport Cup 2s from 7 years ago.

Yup A8 overheats. Just like the 2015/2016 heat soaking blower.

Zyborg, nobody is arguing that these cars ARENT beasts. They are! Fuggin awesome, i was looking at them at the biggest Vette dealer west of mississipi on sunday.

It also has to be noted that the ring has been repaved in 16 for safety concerns. All pre 16 times are significantly slower than what they would run today.

That is still a great time for the c7z, and I give much more credence to this time than any mochery GM provides.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed, I think its been that way since the c6z. ZR1 imo is the supercar.

Nope. ZR1 is just a sports car as well.

Only Ford has an actual "super car" / "exotic".

A 918 or P1 will go into limp mode very quickly in very high heat to preserve the battery. What hunks of garbage.

Almost every road car will overheat eventually. Gotta have appropriate expectations for street cars vs. race cars.

BOOOOOOM!!!

Head shot.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
That is still a great time for the c7z, and I give much more credence to this time than any mochery GM provides.

Are you drunk? You didn't even mention the C6 ZR1!!! lol.

And whoever is comparing this time to an ACR, this is not the Corvette's top model. Compare it to the second tier Viper, whatever that is. It may still be faster but compare apples to apples...

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I'm unaware of any C7 haters, and if there are some they're not true car people. The car is ****ing amazing for it's price point.....as a matter of fact it's amazing period. I'd love to have one one day in the future and I'm a total Ford and Mustang guy through and through.

Z06

Established Member
I'm unaware of any C7 haters, and if there are some they're not true car people. The car is ****ing amazing for it's price point.....as a matter of fact it's amazing period. I'd love to have one one day in the future and I'm a total Ford and Mustang guy through and through.

I agree! The C7 Z is a beast, yes it has its issues but which car doesn't? It's running right up there punching at a higher weight class. Check out the Ring times, that would put this at number 13 fastest among non legal street cars, hyper cars and the likes. I really hope GM drops their own time. It's under 7:10, I'm certain.

Leonie

Established Member
his driving was piss poor too, car has more in it

Yeah, for sure, Christian Gebhardt´s driving is piss poor...

In the article they refer to Jim Mero having managed a 7.11.x, some 2.x seconds faster on an over 7 minute lap.

But I am sure a person called blk02edge would surely manage a 6.45...

blk02edge

Established Member

In the article they refer to Jim Mero having managed a 7.11.x, some 2.x seconds faster on an over 7 minute lap.

lol, in the grand scheme what the car is capable of I can promise there were plenty of mistakes there.

22 races 0 wins for that guy. He will be beat again

Z06

Established Member

What article was that?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
7:13 is an awesome time no doubt.....but damn, watching this back to back with the 7:16 camaro time is something. The z06 car looks like a handful to keep on track and the driver looks beat to shiit at the end. Bill Wise in the camaro did that run effortlessly in comparison. That camaro is still a hell of a car to be in the zip code of this z06

jleews6

Established Member
No way. Cant be done just like the ZL1. GM never takes a stock car over there. LOL ooops sorry just thinking back about what one of the haters on here was saying when the ZL1 ran good times. :)

rdrkt

Established Member
7:13 is an awesome time no doubt.....but damn, watching this back to back with the 7:16 camaro time is something. The z06 car looks like a handful to keep on track and the driver looks beat to shiit at the end. Bill Wise in the camaro did that run effortlessly in comparison. That camaro is still a hell of a car to be in the zip code of this z06
I think the Camaro got the better chassis this time around. I think being able to cost share with multiple other models is a huge benifit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Has any independent test gone faster than this c7z?

Yes the zr1 should be faster, hover the last one is
No way. Cant be done just like the ZL1. GM never takes a stock car over there. LOL ooops sorry just thinking back about what one of the haters on here was saying when the ZL1 ran good times. :)

This was an independent test. Makes it a lot more believable in my eyes than something from Lamborghini Nissan or GM.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
This time confirms that the manufacturers don't exaggerate that much. Besides, you would expect great times from a company that has had 100s of hours of seat time and engineers who know the car forward and backwards compared to a magazine. Manufacturer times still mean something to me, it tells me what the maximum performance capability of the car is. Magazines will give you a more realistic time.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
This time confirms that the manufacturers don't exaggerate that much. Besides, you would expect great times from a company that has had 100s of hours of seat time and engineers who know the car forward and backwards compared to a magazine. Manufacturer times still mean something to me, it tells me what the maximum performance capability of the car is. Magazines will give you a more realistic time.

How so? We never saw a c7z gm time. The last time gm and sport compared times gm was 12 secs faster. A significant difference.

Leonie

Established Member
lol, in the grand scheme what the car is capable of I can promise there were plenty of mistakes there.

22 races 0 wins for that guy. He will be beat again

Most of these "mistakes" probably to the piss-poor shift quality of the GM M7...

blk02edge

Established Member
Most of these "mistakes" probably to the piss-poor shift quality of the GM M7...
I see amateurs on track every weekend in m7 z06s not have issues with the tranny so sounds like a weak excuse. I look forward to this car breaking under 7:10 (not like rings times are that relevant)

Users who are viewing this thread