Spent some time in a new Bullitt

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
^ yet there’s chrome trim all over the Bullitt you posted a photo of, that McQueen drove.

Pick your poison.

The window trim I believe is aluminum and was not available in black back then. Body match bumpers where also not a thing back then. A typical 428 Cobra Jet would have been much "shinier" with rally lights, emblems and Rockers. My point is, the car from the movie REMOVED stuff, it did not ADD gimmicky marketing trinkets.
1968-Ford-Mustang-GT-428-Cobra-Jet-Fastback_0.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The window trim I believe is aluminum and was not available in black back then. Body match bumpers where also not a thing back then. A typical 428 Cobra Jet would have been much "shinier" with rally lights, emblems and Rockers. My point is, the car from the movie REMOVED stuff, it did not ADD gimmicky marketing trinkets.
View attachment 1500674

Bullitt was 390 not 428cj.

edit: here is breakdown of differences between off the line 68 and car used in Bullitt

How to "BULLITT" your Mustang from David Kunz

Better dump those reverse tail lights if you want to keep it real.

Last edited:

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I'm pretty sure if I gave a crayon to my 5 year old nephew and asked him to draw a car, it'd look like a challenger. The challenger looks big and boring...

Laughed, I agree. I think the Challenger is Vanilla, but like a tasty Vanilla.

I like this new Bullitt, and how Ford has kept some styling cues from the past generations. The new body style has grown on me quite a bit, better the more I see it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Chrome trim and emblems look like shit. They fit on a 1st Gen Mustang but look cheesy on new models. Hot damn that DHG paint is sexy though.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'm pretty sure if I gave a crayon to my 5 year old nephew and asked him to draw a car, it'd look like a challenger. The challenger looks big and boring...

For the 'retro muscle' they are sexy. However, they are pretty large in person and the styling is getting long in the tooth.

blk02edge

Established Member
Nobody would buy them if they were exactly like the old bullet, this is the day and age where people say rims instead of wheels. They like stupid flashy shit and ford probably made this car perfectly... To the ignorant majority

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Admittedly, I also really dislike the looks of the 05-09 mustangs too, so I'm not really a retro muscle fan.

Meh, the 05-09 was hideous when new, is hideous now, it's retro in the same vein a Mustang II Cobra is a Retro- '69 Cobra Jet.

I hated the Challenger when it first launched back in 2008. This basically says it all.

new-and-old.jpg

Both the 3v Mustang and the "new challenger" did not look like the grandchild of that super hot actress you had a crush on in 1970, but rather the same actress 30 years later. Case in point :

Kelly-McGillis.jpg

With that said, the 2015 Challenger/Charger update is God damn amazing. The cars look both like original modern renditions and do not ooze that "trying so hard" feel the previous ones did.

Now it's like we are dealing with someone like Shakira -

maxresdefault.jpg

It also helps that Dodge is on point with it's premium Wheels.

2016-dodge-challenger-srt-392-front-corner-640x640.jpg

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
FUGLY. No matter the generation they make this monster, its always FUGLY. Horrid color. WHY still keep making this "special" model?? Make a Mach1 again.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I flipping love it! Small drop, tint and different (lighter), but similar wheels would be perfection.

72SBC

Established Member
One day when you kids grow up you’ll appreciate a little subtle chrome. Car looks good.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure all of the chrome that was on the 68 Bullitt came on all the mustangs, it's not like they added it like they did on this one

The lower half of the front fascia on the 18s is fugly IMHO

Sent from my SM-G930T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Correct on both accounts. Like I said earlier, the original had needless styling items removed from it, not added.

Users who are viewing this thread