Speedconcepts.net BEWARE

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Do not buy from this place!

I ordered a set of brembo GT500 14" brakes with rotors, pads, ss lines and bracket adapter to fit 94-04 on 10/24/13

I called to make sure they had them in stock because I knew vintage venom stopped making those adapters, the guy said they were available so I placed my order over the phone.

Paid $1,413.87 for everything, for some reason he did two transactions, one for $777.62 and $636.25

He told me he would email the invoice and he didn't. I start to get nervous and call him three weeks after the purchase, he said the parts are on my way.

One week later I received the rotors, one week later the calipers and pads, I emailed him to ask where's the rest of my parts and got this not so clear reply on 12/12/13

"Thanks for following up with this order and letting us know what already arrived to you.

The SS hoses with banjo bolts are awaiting the special ordered brackets to arrive. When they come in, we'll 2 day air them out to you.

We appreciate your business and patience during this extended wait for these brackets.

Your invoice will follow shortly in a separate email.

Sincerely,

Ken
Speed Concepts"

HE STILL NOT SENDING AN INVOICE

The bracket adapters and ss lines are still missing.

One month after that email I've called many times with no answer and had sent several emails with no reply.

I did a google search and seems like some other people had been screwed by this company in the past, my fault for not doing my search before.

I called my bank today to do a claim, I explained exactly what happened and since he did two transactions I asked to get refunded for one, they gave me a credit to my account and will investigate the company.

Anyways just wanted to vent and warn you about speed concepts.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
That sucks. I just ordered their oil cooler o-ring kit and got an email confirmation with tracking number a day or 2 later.

StangFever

MMM SHAKER!!!
Established Member
I ordered $1200 worth of clutch and suspension parts from them 8 months ago. It took 2 months to get all the clutch parts and I never received the Steeda springs and X2 balljoints I ordered. A couple of months ago I asked for a refund for these items but have yet to receive it yet. I ordered from Ken cause he is a member of M1R, but will never order from him again after this experience.

7.62x51

Established Member
Interesting. Back in 2005 or so I was having MAF issues with my Rio Red 95 Cobra. I was trapping like 30MPH under what I should have been when running up at Fontana. Ken was there, I followed him back to his shop/house in Los Angeles (was a long drive) so he could look at my car. Although we couldn't find the problem, he worked hard on it for a good 2 hours, and was extremely sorry he couldn't get to the bottom of the issue. He didn't charge me (nor had intentions to) and we parted after that.

Turns out, my MAF Sensor had crap all over it (MAC CAI) and it was such a simple fix we just overlooked it, I guess.

Once I cleaned out that MAF, that car came to life though lol. Run like an 11.49x the next weekend in 90% humidity. Pretty quick for a pushrod 5.0 IMO

small world

With that said, this was 10 years ago. Alot can happen in that timeframe. That is too bad he is ripping people off...he seemed like a good guy back then

Last edited:

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
That sucks. I just ordered their oil cooler o-ring kit and got an email confirmation with tracking number a day or 2 later.
Hopefully you get your parts soon.

I ordered $1200 worth of clutch and suspension parts from them 8 months ago. It took 2 months to get all the clutch parts and I never received the Steeda springs and X2 balljoints I ordered. A couple of months ago I asked for a refund for these items but have yet to receive it yet. I ordered from Ken cause he is a member of M1R, but will never order from him again after this experience.

This is what I'm talking about, we're not the only ones with orders short, there's more people out there in the same situation, too bad I found this out after I placed my order.

Interesting. Back in 2005 or so I was having MAF issues with my Rio Red 95 Cobra. I was trapping like 30MPH under what I should have been when running up at Fontana. Ken was there, I followed him back to his shop/house in Los Angeles (was a long drive) so he could look at my car. Although we couldn't find the problem, he worked hard on it for a good 2 hours, and was extremely sorry he couldn't get to the bottom of the issue. He didn't charge me (nor had intentions to) and we parted after that.

Turns out, my MAF Sensor had crap all over it (MAC CAI) and it was such a simple fix we just overlooked it, I guess.

Once I cleaned out that MAF, that car came to life though lol. Run like an 11.49x the next weekend in 90% humidity. Pretty quick for a pushrod 5.0 IMO

small world

With that said, this was 10 years ago. Alot can happen in that timeframe. That is too bad he is ripping people off...he seemed like a good guy back then
When I talked to Ken he seemed very knowledge on mustangs and sounded like a guy you can trust, this is why I placed my order over the phone, hopefully he reads this thread and can explain why the heck he can't reply my god damned emails and/or return my phone calls.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This doesn't sound like Ken at all. I'm very surprised to hear this.

Question, when your bank issued you the credit, was it ONLY for the items not yet received? It seems that even the smaller charge of $636.25 is in excess of the parts you were never sent.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I've had nothing but great experiences buying from him. Something must be going on that is not of the norm.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
As a business owner I understand how critical it is to follow through 100% with a customer.

What's the old saying: You can build a 1,000 bridges and be known as Ken the bridge builder, suck one **** and you'll be Ken the **** sucker forever. Sad but true.

Last edited:

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
This doesn't sound like Ken at all. I'm very surprised to hear this.

Question, when your bank issued you the credit, was it ONLY for the items not yet received? It seems that even the smaller charge of $636.25 is in excess of the parts you were never sent.

Yes, the issued the credit for the smaller transaction, vintage venom used to sell these adapters for over $550 plus my SS lines are missing as well, I didn't expected this from a guy that talks so nicely and you can tell he's a car enthusiast as I'm, It's been 3 months since I purchase this and still haven't received a simple invoice from him and I've asked for it many times, you can be the best man in bussines but common at least have the decency to reply my emails or return phone calls, I don't care if he tells me it would take one year to have those adapters made but at least be honest with me, it's been 3 weeks since I told him in an email I was going to do a claim with my bank and never got a response.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
As a business owner I understand how critical it is to follow through 100% with a customer.

What's the old saying: You can build a 1,000 bridges and be known as Ken the bridge builder, suck one **** and you'll be Ken the **** sucker forever. Sad but true.

I gave him plenty of time to get this right, I made the purchase in October last year, I did not receive an invoice, multiple emails with no answer and called everyday leaving a message and still don't know nothing about my missing parts, do I sound like I'm overreacting?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At least you got your money returned. Waiting since October for an invoice/return call/email response is extreme. Seems that Ken has had occasional issues like this, based on a Google search. Sad, because he's a nice guy. Maybe in over his head. No excuses for this, though.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
At least you got your money returned. Waiting since October for an invoice/return call/email response is extreme. Seems that Ken has had occasional issues like this, based on a Google search. Sad, because he's a nice guy. Maybe in over his head. No excuses for this, though.

Yes, I didn't wanted to go this far but 3 months is enough waiting.

Here's some other people screwed up by Ken, I wish I knew it before ordering.

Speed Concepts...Beware | Mustang Forums at StangNet

WWW.SPEEDCONCEPTS.NET !!!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

DO NOT buy anything from Speed Concepts - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

Speed Concepts Sucks - MustangForums.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
its so weird with that guy, seems like he does so well most of the time then every once in a while just royally screws the pooch

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
FYI, Ken has had a bout with pneumonia for the past 6 weeks. He's been away from his business for the most part as a result. Not excusing anything. Just passing along the info.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
FYI, Ken has had a bout with pneumonia for the past 6 weeks. He's been away from his business for the most part as a result. Not excusing anything. Just passing along the info.

and this is what drives me nuts..at least put something on your voicemail or autoreply on your email and people will understand. I see small businesses of all kinds shoot themselves in the foot over little crap like this.

SC_SnakeBite

Bumblebeetunez
Established Member
I had ordered an oil relocate system for my 03 Cobra back in November.
The kit was missing parts...called him back...never answered...emailed the company...no one never answered...
So i filed a claim with my bank...they refunded the money back and i sent the kit back...
got a reply from Speed a couple weeks later apologizing...
By then, apologies meant nothing to me...
Great customer service huh...

Users who are viewing this thread