Speedcal Wiring

arayray

Established Member
Where can I find how to wire a speedcal? I already have one hooked up with my T45 (PO did it) but I am going to swap in a T56 and need to figure out how to wire it.

Helomech74

Established Member
I didn't have to do anything different other set the switches in the unit. Make sure you have the extended range unit if you are using a T56 from a 03-04 Cobra.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Tremec sells T56s with two kinds of speed sensors, one for OSS cars they call "electronic" and one for VSS cars that they call "mechanical". You can get away with using an old Standard Range Speedcal if you are swapping a VSS transmission into a VSS car (98 & older). You must use a newer Extended Range Speedcal if you are swapping an OSS transmission into a VSS car.

arayray

Established Member
Tremec sells T56s with two kinds of speed sensors, one for OSS cars they call "electronic" and one for VSS cars that they call "mechanical". You can get away with using an old Standard Range Speedcal if you are swapping a VSS transmission into a VSS car (98 & older). You must use a newer Extended Range Speedcal if you are swapping an OSS transmission into a VSS car.

How can I determine if it is OSS or VSS?

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I believe the only difference is in the firmware of a microcontroller, so there are no visual clues. If you tell me your current setup (tire size, axle ratio and Speedcal setting), I can tell you which you have.

Users who are viewing this thread