Speedbleeders for 00R Calipers

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Re: Re: Speedbleeders for 00R Calipers

Originally posted by 03 Cobra Toy
Did you get some new front brakes :rolleyes: :coolman:

Isn't that what you are using? I have some track events scheduled and brakes and cooling are my main issues I would like to resolve first. These new calipers should resolve the brake issue leaving only cooling left. How are your cooling efforts going?

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Speedbleeders for 00R Calipers

Originally posted by toofast4u
Isn't that what you are using? I have some track events scheduled and brakes and cooling are my main issues I would like to resolve first. These new calipers should resolve the brake issue leaving only cooling left. How are your cooling efforts going?

Yep I have the 00R ft brakes..

I fix my cooling problem also here is the list:

Replaced Steeda C&R radiator with a bigger Fluidyne radiator
Remove thermostat and weld close coolant bypass
Apten cylinder head coolant mod
Evans coolant NPG-R
Install Evans Hi flow water pump
Added air to oil engine oil cooler and fan
Install Canton oil pan

Click on my WWW and you can see some pic ...

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Speedbleeders for 00R Calipers

Yep I have the 00R ft brakes..

Evans coolant NPG-R
Install Canton oil pan

I have seen the pictures. Do you know the part number for the Fluidyne radiator andevans hi-flow water pump? What do you mean by weld close coolant bypass? Does this mean the water lines to the stock oil cooler? Has this resolved the heat issues you were seeing at the track?

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Speedbleeders for 00R Calipers

I have seen the pictures. Do you know the part number for the Fluidyne radiator andevans hi-flow water pump? What do you mean by weld close coolant bypass? Does this mean the water lines to the stock oil cooler? Has this resolved the heat issues you were seeing at the track?

Sorry I don't have the part #

Evans had the best price for the radiator. $369

I think the water pump was $169 You need the 4.6 short shaft one.

The bypass I was talking about is the hose from the top of the engine down to the thermostat housing. It needs to be block off if you remove the thermostat. If you don't block it off, the hot coolant will bypass the radiator and return back to the block...Not a good thing :( In the winter I may have to install a thermostat in the upper radiator hose to help keep the engine temp around 190deg. Time will tell...
The last track event I did the outside temp was 99deg and my engine temp went to 240 after a hard 40min run. Oil temp was 260 thanks to oil coolers. Heck I think AndyM 00R was hitting temp of 230 that day... I would say the cooling problem is fixed for now. 240 is not bad for a waterless cooling system :)

Last edited:

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
03 Cobra Toy do you just track your car or do you also daily drive?

No it's not my daily driver...I drive it on the weekends and track events. 11K miles and the car will be two next month....

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
No it's not my daily driver...I drive it on the weekends and track events. 11K miles and the car will be two next month....

I guess I don't drive much mine is my daily driver and it has ~16k and is 2 years and 3 months.

predator

Established Member
I figured I might add to the "straight line" this thread has taken by letting you all know that if you are looking for braided (or otherwise) brake lines for your IRS rear......and don't want to buy the fronts too......you can get them from Classic Tube 716.759.1800 and talk to Mike. They will do anything you want one piece at a time if that is what you need. You can get them complete with brackets, clips, etc..... or just the lines. :beer:

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Originally posted by predator
I figured I might add to the "straight line" this thread has taken by letting you all know that if you are looking for braided (or otherwise) brake lines for your IRS rear......and don't want to buy the fronts too......you can get them from Classic Tube 716.759.1800 and talk to Mike. They will do anything you want one piece at a time if that is what you need. You can get them complete with brackets, clips, etc..... or just the lines. :beer:

Now you tell me :) thanks for the FYI :thumbsup:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by predator
They will do anything you want

Oh really. I think all of us, which definetely includes those in this thread, that couldn't wait already ordered the entire kit just to get the rears.

predator

Established Member
Sorry guys.....just found out myself. :shrug: I had to order a set for my new rear calipers and the folks at Baer pointed me in their direction. I remembered the discussion on this subject somewhere on this board and thought I would just let you all know for future reference. :-D

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Speedbleeders for 00R Calipers

Evans coolant NPG-R
Install Canton oil pan

Hmmm... this thread seems more like an 03 discussion. BUT I am having problems with my 03 overheating, so I appreciate the information. Two questions for you guys: Do any of you have engines built before 11/02 (mine was)? If so, did you have the driver's side head replaced? We are in the process of trying to get that done. I've read some horror stories on the terminator site and I'm hoping we don't encounter those problems.

Andy M

Established Member
not to go off topic on this thing... but just wanted to say to "toofast" that we are all praying for you guys in south Fla man!! Please take cover from the monster hurricane coming your way. We will be watching the news reports in earnest. Please give us an update on your status as soon as possible after the storm.

I assume you are evacuating inland?....

predator

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
not to go off topic on this thing... but just wanted to say to "toofast" that we are all praying for you guys in south Fla man!! Please take cover from the monster hurricane coming your way. We will be watching the news reports in earnest. Please give us an update on your status as soon as possible after the storm.

I assume you are evacuating inland?....

Ditto here Brian! My inlaws and other family are evacuating in my direction as we speak. Going to be a full house for awhile.

Fred....my car is 10/02. Seems to be right on the line, but that really has not proven to be anything certain either. I have had no problem with my driver's side head. I only have about 5.5k miles on it. I think David has a good setup for helping the coolant flow problem that is being blamed for the dreaded "tick". I know he runs his pretty hard in the heat and has not experienced any problems.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Speedbleeders for 00R Calipers

Originally posted by Flying Fred
Hmmm... this thread seems more like an 03 discussion. BUT I am having problems with my 03 overheating, so I appreciate the information. Two questions for you guys: Do any of you have engines built before 11/02 (mine was)? If so, did you have the driver's side head replaced? We are in the process of trying to get that done. I've read some horror stories on the terminator site and I'm hoping we don't encounter those problems.

Fred,
My car's build date was 9/02 no tick.... same head...11K hard hot miles :shrug:

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Thanks guys. My mechanic has talked with people at both Apten and Kenny Brown. While Apten recommended their fix, they also said that it would be best to have the head replaced as well. Unfortunately we waited until the tick and overheating problem developed and are now addressing it. Hindsight tells me I should have done what you did first and perhaps we could have avoided the problem. Thanks for the helpful information!

P.S. Take cover toofast. My sister lives near Orlando and they are still trying to recover from Charley.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Thanks. I live inland about 10 miles from the shore in south-west Broward county they are currently projecting it to make land fall about 60-70 mile North of where I live. I hope this thing just goes north and out to sea like some projections are hoping for. We will still get significant affects, but at least it wouldn't make land fall.

My car was purchased in 6/2002 so it was a first beginning run car and I haven't had a problem with the tick. Lets see if I still have a car when this is over. :(

Users who are viewing this thread