Speed of Sound Pod/ Fuel/ Boost Guage Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLK_03

Established Member
Well,the only part # I can find on the box is on the left corner, close to the bottom...

OFHM0200ZP

It is located with the fuse stuff at Auto Zone...

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Yeah, went to autozone, and all they had was a 10 amp max add a circuit, which sucks, because they are 15 amp fuses.

Also, i ordered the extra fittings from Auto meter, and they sent two of everything!! Who needs stuff.. I'll seel it all to you cheap!

BLK_03

Established Member
The Add A Circuit came with 4 fuses... 3, 5, 7.5, and 10 amp... I used the 10 amp fuse for lighting 2 guages. I forget the specs but I believe each guage pulls like 2 or 3 amps...

03Red10th - thanks!

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Wow top notch write up, I'll be putting in some new guages when I go with the 2.76 this spring.

Oh yeah, I'm loving the new sections to the Terminator forums!

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
wondering ,, i noticed you just a boost gauge, when u hooked up the boost line behind the glove box would that be the same location for a boost/vac gauge.

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
wondering , i noticed that you had just a boost gauge,, where u hooked up the line behind the glove box would that be the same location if you had a boost vac gauge?

BLK_03

Established Member
I'm not sure, but it wouldn't hurt anything to try. I think it will work. If not, the only other place I know of to tie into the stock boost line is under the dash, somewhere around the steering column...

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
It will work. That is location we tap the vacuum line for all the local installs we do of our gauge pods.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
No, sorry, there's no triple pod version of our product. It has been discussed and we've done some prototype mockups, but the overall look wasn't to our liking. The pillar gets to crowded and "busy" looking, so we decided to pass on it.

Alan

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
What a great write up! And a very nice professional install. Smart move to isolate the f/p sending unit.

That speed of sound pod is about the best thing out there!

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Cool, I just ordered the same gauges, except I chose to get the autometer pod that puts a gauge on either side of the instrument cluster. When I add more gauges in the future, I will probably get the speed of sound pod. I didn't order the additional fittings and hose for the fuel pressure gauge. Debating if I should do that or just go to the hydrolic store.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
The autometer fitting is 1/16" NPT to 1/8" female adaptor. If you want to remote mount the sender, a local shop can probably get you the parts.

droz

Established Member
Great "How to do", A pillar gauge installation instructions. Just a couple of questions.

Where did you locate the remote F/P transducer?

Do you have any PIC's available on the transducer?

Thanks

BLK_03

Established Member
droz said:
Where did you locate the remote F/P transducer?

Do you have any PIC's available on the transducer?

By transducer, I assume you mean the sending unit. It comes in the fuel pressure guage kit from autometer. I have it resting against the firewall. I placed a few zipties along the way to secure it...

There is a pic of the "transducer" (aka the sending unit) in the fourth picture down on the first page. In the pic, I have already connected it to the stainless line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread