Speed Freaks Inc Tuning in Nor Cal!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
FYI No more SF... closed down.. out of business.. But Ravi owes a lot of people a lot of money! I feel bad for all the people he screwed over and took there money and left the cars to sit in the shop untouched...

GOOD.

Everything ive heard about SpeedFreaks has ALWAYS been negative. Heard the owner was a childish prick and would rather party and get wasted like all the other 12 year olds than actually meet his customers expectations.

He will tune EVERY car to its limits to prove what his shops tuning can do, not realizing tuning cars to their limits or past that every time, when most these people use them for DD's, ESPECIALLY on 91 octane, is RETARDED! Most customers just wanted a good tune, but he kept pushing them to spend more to make more power, oh you need this, now you need this, etc.

KILRSVT

Established Member
Nextgen costumer here for over 2 years, never had a problem.[/QUO

I was going to get my car tuned there, but was warned by a couple of guys that they have been dissapointed with them. I just went by word of mouth.
Heard good things about newtech.
I do know nextgen has a real good dyno though.

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
well i had my tune checked here in so cal, i made less hp and torque then what they told me but the AF was ok which is wat worried me...i guess time to save and either get tuned here in so cal at RET or JBA or up north at AED...

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
damn that sucks!

How about the sn95 cobra that made 8xx rwhp with only 16psi on a t-trim? lol. what a joke :nonono:

Yea it does suck. I already got the ball rolling with Coast Guard Legal and JAG. I should get my money back soon hopefully. The 8--rwhp cobra was also methonal injected cams, ect. But 16psi still sounded fishy. I never saw the car on the dyno. But I do know that the guy broke it the first time out on the track.. I'm going with either a MPH or MOdular Performance shortblock! I hope to have the car done by Jan. now. everything has to go on the credit card now if I want my car done.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well if you AF ratio is good than you should be fine. But I would recommend getting it retuned by AED. They know 04 cobra's like the back of thier hand.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
It's ok, we all take bad decisions when spending money on our cars... Your car looks familiar...Did we met at FFF this year???

Hell some of us do it twice but lucky both shops are history.. 3rd time is the charm... lol

Going to Let Dan build the 05 next year! he seems to know how to build a turbo monster... :banana:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Got off the phone with my insurance company and I think that they are going to pay for it under comprehensive. They said that when it came down to it my motor got stolen. USAA is the best :) :rockon: Then they are going after him!!

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Got off the phone with my insurance company and I think that they are going to pay for it under comprehensive. They said that when it came down to it my motor got stolen. USAA is the best :) :rockon: Then they are going after him!!

Thanks for the info.. I just got off the phone with my insurance company and they are filling a claim.. I should hear back from them tomarrow!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No problem. I'm not sure if it'll work for yours but hopefully it will. Mine is literally in pieces when I paid for him to fix it and I bought parts. Not sure if it'll work but we'll see USAA does work wonders..

venomous99

Established Member
im considering going back to nextgen for a tune on my 97. for those who "heard" of bad experiences, pls pm me the details. right now its a toss up between AED and nextgen. up until now, ive only heard good things about both.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Hell some of us do it twice but lucky both shops are history.. 3rd time is the charm... lol

Going to Let Dan build the 05 next year! he seems to know how to build a turbo monster... :banana:

That sounds good bro, they will take good care of you, after 2 years of being with nextgen i dont have complains other than they're hella busy when i need them to work on my car lol. :beer:

Impact 5.0

Established Member
im considering going back to nextgen for a tune on my 97. for those who "heard" of bad experiences, pls pm me the details. right now its a toss up between AED and nextgen. up until now, ive only heard good things about both.

They are both great shops... the only 3 shops in the bay I would let touch my car.. right now I am running a tune from dynotuning.com and the car runs great.... at least we know 3 shops in the bay that will do you right!

Users who are viewing this thread