Special needs student punished for recording bullies

dooberGN

Established Member
Title is misleading. Makes it sound like the kid is mentally disabled and unable to defend himself and weak. He is just bad at math.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Im with svtfocus on this one.

If the school is not steping up and handling the problem, then its lawyer time. If I could just go in and teach those little thug bastards a lesson (dont mess with my little retard), i would, but unfortunately we all know where that would have the parent end up.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
You're also a guy and we grew up in a different time. What do you do when you have n administration that fails to act on your behalf? An administration that would most likely punish your kid if they take it into their own hands? You strongarm the shit out of them, that's what you do!

I am male but I don't think I am out of touch, I am 23, Hell my 5 year HS reunion is this summer lol.

Its more the principle, you need to fight your own battles or when things get really bad you wont know what to do

MysticRob

Established Member
The legal system in this country and schools are getting out of hand. I am really believing that we are about to make the movie Idiocracy come true.

Amen, brother.
I'm off to Starbuck's for a gentleman's latte!

My mom is a teacher in md.. I will be the first to say Charles County Board of ed is a crooooked mother ****er...
They screw there pay, leave, hours.. Benefits.. All of it

I don't doubt it Cody. The entire system is hosed. US continues to fall in the global rankings and the clowns in charge scratch their balls.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Okay first off bullying is not cool and I agree the school should do something, however if this were to go to court the kid would LOSE. This happened in Pennsylvania which is one of only 12 states which are "two party" when it comes to recordings such as this. Both parties have to consent to the recording, otherwise it is illegal. So by recording his bullies and NOT informing them of this fact he was committing a crime. It appears the DA reduced it down to disorderly conduct and now looks like they will drop it completely.

Sucks for the kid either way.

U.M.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
None of this bullying shit was front page 5-10 years ago. I personally think it all comes down to the parents. This wouldn't be happening if parents would teach their kids respect. Unfortunately you have a lot of kids who come from broken families and parents who dont discipline these days. Laquifa and her 5 baby daddy's don't care enough about discipline and come from shit families themselves. Actions need to start be taken against the parents of these kids who let their children behave like this.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I am male but I don't think I am out of touch, I am 23, Hell my 5 year HS reunion is this summer lol.

Its more the principle, you need to fight your own battles or when things get really bad you wont know what to do

I thought you were older than that. Kids need to see the example set by their parents, not exactly figure it all out on their own. You think you can just have a kid and then go off and act as you please without them following suit? Most likely not as kids look to their parents and follow their example. There will always be a certain number of things they will need you to do for them.

Blown 89

Established Member
Unfortunately you have a lot of kids who come from broken families and parents who dont discipline these days.
It isn't limited to broken families. I've worked with kids daily for 20 years and kids are getting worse and worse. Parent's just don't give a darn anymore and when they do care they can't punish because we live in a world where punishment is considered too mean. Kids pick up on that and take advantage of it.

Heaven help the school district when I have kids because I won't put up with that shit and am more than willing to destroy people's lives to protect my family.

Users who are viewing this thread