Special insurance for a cobra?

Sss2010

Established Member
Was just wondering if anyone is using a different insurance company other than the standard state farm, nationwide, allstate, etc. I was just wondering because I only plan on driving my car a few thousand miles in the summer and storing it in the winter. Is there real savings going with a specialty carrier? Any info would be appreciated.....

buddha93

Established Member
I'd say most of us use a collector car type insurance with an agreed value. I use Parrish Heacock for my carrier. My premium costs $369 a year for both cars. They each have a mileage limit and must be in a locked garage at all times.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Insurance

I use Grundy's. Unlimited milage. Agree upon value. Must be garage kept and in my case I keep it in a rented storage place as I have no garage. Driving restrictions are typical, no daily driving for errands or to work, just pleasure and to and from events. I did confess that on nice days I may drive mine to the store or something and the guy just said if something happens just choose my words right on why I was driving it to the adjuster. Zero deductable and fully covered. Low premium. I shopped and the unlimited milage won me to Grundy.

WillyB93

Established Member
I just use State Farm with an agreed value term and limited miles. I think my insurance for one car is like $200.00 a year at most. I do use the higher deductible plan like brett said. My agreed value is 22k and limited to 300 miles a year.

Last edited:

Sss2010

Established Member
Thanks, I'm going to call around for a quote tomorrow....I appreciate the help, I have all state and it's not rated any differently. It's around $600 a year

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
I just insured my 93 Teal with 150k miles on it with StateFarm. With an agreed value of $15K, 3k miles a year, all with a $50 deductible. For $444.00 a year premium.

Now, it could of been a $228 a year premium. But, that would of been with a $1000 deductible.

fordracing19

Established Member
I have mine with Grundy. If anything happens I was on the way to the tire shop! With most of these you have to show proof of another daily driver.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Mine is insured through American Collectors, under $380 a year for $18K appraised value... Car has to be in a locked garage and driven less than 4800 miles a year!
Be aware if you try Hagerty your daily driver has to be a newer model year than the Cobra, I got denied from them because my other ride is a 97 Saturn AFTER going through the whole process on the phone for 20 minutes!

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
are these prices you guys are paying including liability? The few quotes I've gotten state that liability isn't offered. so for me it would be 360 bucks agreed value coverage on top of what I already pay my current insurance company for liability coverage.

buddha93

Established Member
Mine is full-blown, regular insurance. The only difference is the mileage limits, age limit (25 IIRC), nad kept in a locked garage. Obviously can't be used for every day driving.

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
American Collector Insurance, a subsidiary of GEICO and another company and I cant remember their name. Neither provided liability according to their quote. I thought that was kinda strange. It may have something to do with NC law, Im not sure.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Insurance

My Grundy insurance came with a notice that the libility was optional in SOME states, however Georgia law requited it and my premium I stated earlier included the libility coverage.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
American Collector Insurance, a subsidiary of GEICO and another company and I cant remember their name. Neither provided liability according to their quote. I thought that was kinda strange. It may have something to do with NC law, Im not sure.
American Collectors is a subsidiary of Amica not Geico, and I have full coverage in Florida with mine..

Last edited:

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
gotcha. I assumed it was a Geico subsidiary because when I called Geico they transferred me to them. Guess its just a partner. I did this online. I guess I'll just call and check it out further. Right now my cobra is stashed away in my grandmothers building which unfortunately doest have a locking garage door. I hope to be back in a house and out of my garage-less apartment in a couple of months. I'll definitely get agreed value coverage at that point. I can't believe I've waited this long. I've had the cobra 9 years now......doesn't seem like it!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Yeah I didn't see a point in paying $1000 anymore to insure my Cobra that I drive a few thousand miles a year tops... Maybe each state is different but American Collectors wrote me a policy almost exactly the same as my previous with liabilityn here in Florida..

Users who are viewing this thread