spec twin disc wont adjust

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
03 cobra w/spec twin disc installed pretty forward no hassle,,but when it was time to put on the stock clutch cable on,, zero the fire wall adjuster all the way in ,, hook the cable on the first hook on the twin hook quad. (near the column) barely could get the cable on the fork not to mention exessive pre load on the tob........... readjusted quad to second hook , spun out the adjuster some got 1/8 " clearance tob off clutch fingers .... but wont shift gears not enuff pedal travel it seems .... it try all combos to get it right im bumin out any advise ??? maybe adj. pivot ??? ..... the car had a dfx in it when bought w/stock pivot and above mods prior to this ......it did shift with a lot off pre load on the pp intially

Last edited:

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
wasnt sure the difference of highth the pivot ball does ? with out the cable on the fork and the tob touching the pp the fork is in the middle of the opening ,,,,,, do i need a pivot to gain pedal geometery.... taller or shorter? a quick release quad? ...with clutch fork loose and pushed back of opening rear most i have 1/4 to 3/8 " of clearence tob from fingers thanx.

Last edited:

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
I know this is an old thread, do you mind updating it on how you fixed the issue? I have the exact same issue.

Thanks.

b_dike

Established Member
Possibly the fact he went to a twin disc without adjusting the pivot ball. I don't know when I installed the rxt I had to get an adjustable pivot ball. Then set it as low as it would go.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
According to spec it does not require an adjustable pivot ball.

My clutch fork is all the way towards the back of the car and with the cable off, the TOB still has a lot of preload on it. The fork is solid and stiff even without a cable on.

I know I have done something wrong here and I can't figure it out. I walked away before I got too upset lol.

Users who are viewing this thread