Spec Super Twin Disk Clutch

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
My Review::

Spec Super Street Twin Disk clutch
http://www.lmperformance.com/16087/50.html

I just installed this clutch about a week ago. Install was strait forward, no hiccups or problems.

Now, if I were to imagine what a $1200 clutch should feel like in my cobra, THIS IS IT! This clutch is actually as easy to slip and drive just like the stock clutch. . . all with a lighter pedal and a 900 lb ft of torque rating. This clutch has exceeded my expectations in every fashion. I know some people are hesitant to pull the trigger on $1200 clutch without reviews or someone that has experience with it. Well let me be that review. . . I'm just about out of the break in period, and I am so excited to get it to the track. This clutch feels so strong with little pedal effort. I will chime back in on my track times and 60 ft times as soon as I get them. So if u make decent power, like i do, this clutch is for you! :beer:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Ya, heard alot of good reviews, only thing stopping me is the price.
I can get a spec 3 and a bunch of other mods. But if your happy thats
all that matters anyway.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
Ya, heard alot of good reviews, only thing stopping me is the price.
I can get a spec 3 and a bunch of other mods. But if your happy thats
all that matters anyway.

yea, i prob would have went with the spec 3+ if I hadn't just wasted a Ram HD in a month :shrug:

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
My Review::

Spec Super Street Twin Disk clutch
http://www.lmperformance.com/16087/50.html

I just installed this clutch about a week ago. Install was strait forward, no hiccups or problems.

Now, if I were to imagine what a $1200 clutch should feel like in my cobra, THIS IS IT! This clutch is actually as easy to slip and drive just like the stock clutch. . . all with a lighter pedal and a 900 lb ft of torque rating. This clutch has exceeded my expectations in every fashion. I know some people are hesitant to pull the trigger on $1200 clutch without reviews or someone that has experience with it. Well let me be that review. . . I'm just about out of the break in period, and I am so excited to get it to the track. This clutch feels so strong with little pedal effort. I will chime back in on my track times and 60 ft times as soon as I get them. So if u make decent power, like i do, this clutch is for you! :beer:
+1
I have the the super twin P-trim rated at 1395tq. This MOFO hits HARD and can take anything I throw at it. I was at the track seeing 1.72 60ft with MT's that had cords showing. I'm waiting to go back with the new MT's. This clutch is well worth the money!

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
PS got mine from Lethal!
SF87PT_LRG.jpg

SkipBuxton

Established Member
I have a Ram dual disc......... and it was plug and play. They only pluggin you should do is the 26 spline input shaft while you have it out.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
yea, i prob would have went with the spec 3+ if I hadn't just wasted a Ram HD in a month :shrug:

How did you kill a Ram HD in a month??
It took me a year, a bunch of lunches on spray with 675ft lb of torque on MT Et Streets?

03 KYL

Established Member
This clutch is plug and play. Mike & I installed this clutch in his car last weekend in my garage. Very good looking clutch.:thumbsup:

I have the Zoom twin in my Cobra and so far it has been awesome. Also rated at 900ft. lbs. but is very streetable. I have about 600 miles on mine so far and have no complaints. We'll see how it does at the track once it cools off a bit.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
This clutch is plug and play. Mike & I installed this clutch in his car last weekend in my garage. Very good looking clutch.:thumbsup:

I have the Zoom twin in my Cobra and so far it has been awesome. Also rated at 900ft. lbs. but is very streetable. I have about 600 miles on mine so far and have no complaints. We'll see how it does at the track once it cools off a bit.
Which do you like better? Was yours plug and play as well?

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
+1
I have the the super twin P-trim rated at 1395tq. This MOFO hits HARD and can take anything I throw at it. I was at the track seeing 1.72 60ft with MT's that had cords showing. I'm waiting to go back with the new MT's. This clutch is well worth the money!

I've got the same 26 spline clutch setup going into the 04 Cobra now. Should be done next week. :beer:

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
How did you kill a Ram HD in a month??
It took me a year, a bunch of lunches on spray with 675ft lb of torque on MT Et Streets?

well, didn't break it in fully. . . and launched it back to back several times at the track . . . Ram's don't really have a smell when they are burning . . . and I wasted through it on a 1-2 shift on my 3rd pass of the night one night at the track

03 KYL

Established Member
Which do you like better? Was yours plug and play as well?

I haven't driven Mike's car with the Spec yet so I really can't answer that, he has offered the opportunity for me to drive it though so I may be able to give a little bit of insight on the Spec in the future. I'll let him drive my car with the Zoom also so he can give his input on it aswell. I will say the pedal effort on Mike's car with the Spec was very light, almost unbelievable it was so light, lighter than my car with the Zoom twin.

My Zoom twin was 100% plug and play. I have installed, if my count is correct, 9 clutches in mine and other's Cobra's and the Zoom was the easiest to install thus far, not that any of them have been much more difficult than the rest but the Zoom went in without a hiccup at all.

It's hard to say at this point which is the better of the two, I only have positive things to say about the Zoom so far, but the Spec Twin looked like a very nice piece, I wouldn't hesitate to put one in my car for a second. The Zoom twin is a tad cheaper (got mine for $970 shipped) vs the $1200 for the Spec. Only time will tell how well they hold up with more use and abuse. Mike's car and mine are nearly identical in terms of mods/hp/trq and we are both planning on hitting the track pretty soon, hopefully we will both have nothing but positive things to report back after some track time.:beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I haven't driven Mike's car with the Spec yet so I really can't answer that, he has offered the opportunity for me to drive it though so I may be able to give a little bit of insight on the Spec in the future. I'll let him drive my car with the Zoom also so he can give his input on it aswell. I will say the pedal effort on Mike's car with the Spec was very light, almost unbelievable it was so light, lighter than my car with the Zoom twin.

My Zoom twin was 100% plug and play. I have installed, if my count is correct, 9 clutches in mine and other's Cobra's and the Zoom was the easiest to install thus far, not that any of them have been much more difficult than the rest but the Zoom went in without a hiccup at all.

It's hard to say at this point which is the better of the two, I only have positive things to say about the Zoom so far, but the Spec Twin looked like a very nice piece, I wouldn't hesitate to put one in my car for a second. The Zoom twin is a tad cheaper (got mine for $970 shipped) vs the $1200 for the Spec. Only time will tell how well they hold up with more use and abuse. Mike's car and mine are nearly identical in terms of mods/hp/trq and we are both planning on hitting the track pretty soon, hopefully we will both have nothing but positive things to report back after some track time.:beer:
Thanks for the detailed answer. That's exactly what I was looking for. I will be going with twin disc of some sort when I do mine and I have always had good luck with the Zoom clutches with my fox bodies over the years so that is the one I was looking to go with.

Would you say that your Zoom has easier pedal effort than stock? Is there a big difference in pedal effort between your clutch and the Spec?

I look forward to see your results after you get to drive each others cars and race them.

Please give updates as you go along a little further with these clutches.

Thanks. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread