Spec Stage 2 and Billet Aluminum Flywheel

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Spec stage 2 and billet aluminum flywheel. Even with the MGW shifter and the assist spring removed I'm having a terrible time shifting about 7000 rpms and the clutch feels mushy while trying to shift. I'm thinking I need to order a steel brained clutch line also, just so everything is new. My car has just over 8000 miles on it and has never shifted well about 7000.

Anyway, anyone else swapped their clutch? Did it help? I'm sure hoping so!! :beer:

twistedneck

Established Member
yes, the new clutch will handle high rpms much better especially with the low mass flywheel. no new clutch line needed, that's only a fix for the stock clutch.

mantis118

Established Member
Do the remote clutch reservoir and dot 4 fluid. Single best clutch upgrade I've done. And I have a spec twin disk, and braided line...

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
If I had your HP I'd have done the twin Disk also. I was planning on the dot 4 fluid, but what does the remote reservoir do for it?

mantis118

Established Member
No only the reservoir is shared. I used a gto reservoir and swapped fluid for ate blue. Single best upgrade I have done. And I'm only $40 into it. There is a writeup on the gt section on it. My car shifts so much better now!

Users who are viewing this thread