Spec 3+ Clutch

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I ran spec 3+ on two of my 2003 cobra's and they where great pieces. On one of my cars it made 802rwtq and the spec 3+ held it.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. I just ordered the Spec stage 3+ clutch, aluminum flywheel and braided line from AM! Still need details on the TOB situation but Ill figure it out soon. I wont be pulling the clutch for a while probably. May not be until I pull the motor.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Are you by chance running the exedy one?

Don't need 1 with the tremec its perfectly fine with a brand new stock model. But when i had my mt-82 and the stock tob and my spec 2+ clutch the tob had trouble pushing the stronger fingers on the non stock pressure plate of the spec 2+ clutch. even with the jpc line upgrade! Therefore i recommend you get the exedy tob because its more heavy duty then the stock tob, and is designed for use with aftermarket clutches!

zachcrosen

Established Member
Don't need 1 with the tremec its perfectly fine with a brand new stock model. But when i had my mt-82 and the stock tob and my spec 2+ clutch the tob had trouble pushing the stronger fingers on the non stock pressure plate of the spec 2+ clutch. even with the jpc line upgrade! Therefore i recommend you get the exedy tob because its more heavy duty then the stock tob, and is designed for use with aftermarket clutches!

Thanks for the info. I am looking at the TOB because I suspect mine is making the humming sound I hear with the clutch not pressed in. I made a thread of the sound last week.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
hmmmmm, how does this compare to the rxt clutch? I was about to order an RXT but if this clutch seems to be holding up with high hp applications i may go with spec 3+ until i get my magnum xl swap done.

RFM50

Established Member
What do you shift at? I need a clutch that will hold 7700 rpm shifts all day. Stock prrssure plate is just junk. If the Spec 3+ will do it I will get one. It saves me tons of money vs a twin disc.

As long as im not coming out of the whole with the body twisting i can shift at 7700. I also have motor mounts and a filled trans mount. The clutch helps but is just one piece of the puzzle. I will be buying a new trans mount and using the whiteline insert to help with shifts when i leave the whole hard.

corysmach1

Established Member
As long as im not coming out of the whole with the body twisting i can shift at 7700. I also have motor mounts and a filled trans mount. The clutch helps but is just one piece of the puzzle. I will be buying a new trans mount and using the whiteline insert to help with shifts when i leave the whole hard.

Thats good to know. They said if i have an aluminum flywheel my car will suck from a dig but i feel like if i launch hatder ill be fine. I do digs and rolls. I know the aluminum flywheel will help a lot from a roll

Users who are viewing this thread