Spec 3 Clutch Question

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Hello guys, I have a question in regards to my Spec 3+ clutch. The clutch works great but its time to change it out for a more street friendly clutch. The clutch pedal is a pain in the ass especially in traffic. What do you guys recommend I do? Spec 2 clutch? Any others? Do I need to change anything else if I change it out such as flywheel etc.? Thanks

Last edited:

svtshadow

Banned
Choose the clutch that compliments your HP rating and driving manner. My spec-3 clutch was no better than my spec-2 especially with the clutch pedal feel.

Looking to try Exedy Mach-600 clutch

Bigggy

Established Member
Spec3+ with light pedal mod?

Personnaly I have an Exedy Mach500 and its very streetable, seems easier on the leg then the OEM.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
spec 3 here..when it goes i'll make a switch to Mcleod(heard a TON of good things about them and Lethal frequently has a sale on 'em)..or i'll just go auto.:banana:

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Spec3+ with light pedal mod?

Personnaly I have an Exedy Mach500 and its very streetable, seems easier on the leg then the OEM.

I was also thinking about the light pedal mod and how much softer my Spec 3+ would get. Wonder if this will be an option. I would hate to purchase a Spec 2 clutch and not have a big change on the feel of the pedal.

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Choose the clutch that compliments your HP rating and driving manner. My spec-3 clutch was no better than my spec-2 especially with the clutch pedal feel.

Looking to try Exedy Mach-600 clutch

I can probably get away with the Spec 2 in regards to the power my car is making but if you are saying that there is no difference in both It may not be smart to spend the money and time swapping it out. Spec does sell a light pedal mod for $30.00. wonder how much difference it would make.

Bigggy

Established Member
Guys that have LPM usually say that it feels like stock even maybe easier on the leg. Thats what I read here.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I'm planning on a Spec 3+ this winter on my car. The LPM has me confused also. I am running the stock clutch now and would like it to feel comparable with the 3+.

jbou91

Established Member
I have the Spec 3+ right now and I thought you can't add the low pedal option to your existing clutch but it has to be a whole new clutch?

03' White Snake

Established Member
I think the LPO is a different pressure plate. Not sure though. I am trying to figure this out at the moment also.

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
I called Spec and the Light Pedal option is a new pressure plate which costs 240.00 total. If a new clutch is purchsed the Light pedal option is 29.99 extra. I may bite the bullet and spend the 240.00 and see if it helps.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
where are all you guys buying these from. I have a 10 year old set up and want it to hold the power but I want a light pedal and NO CHATTER.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I called Spec and the Light Pedal option is a new pressure plate which costs 240.00 total. If a new clutch is purchsed the Light pedal option is 29.99 extra. I may bite the bullet and spend the 240.00 and see if it helps.
In regards to lethal performance's part number SKU: SPC-SF873FT which is for a terminator 26 spline spec 3+ which i run:

I emailed spec two days ago. They told me the light pedal pressure plate was only $179.xx plus shipping which was $28 to me.

part number SFC873FLPR

And you can order it directly from spec since no dealers just stock the pressure plate.

I decided to hold off on ordering the pressure plate. Something is telling me to save the $208 and sell my spec 3+ and buy a Mcleod RXT. Id really hate to spend another $200 on my spec 3 and wish the clutch pedal was better feeling.:bash:

svtshadow

Banned
In regards to lethal performance's part number SKU: SPC-SF873FT which is for a terminator 26 spline spec 3+ which i run:

I emailed spec two days ago. They told me the light pedal pressure plate was only $179.xx plus shipping which was $28 to me.

part number SFC873FLPR

And you can order it directly from spec since no dealers just stock the pressure plate.

I decided to hold off on ordering the pressure plate. Something is telling me to save the $208 and sell my spec 3+ and buy a Mcleod RXT. Id really hate to spend another $200 on my spec 3 and wish the clutch pedal was better feeling.:bash:

trust me save that $208:beer:

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Just ordered the light pedal pressure plate from spec. 198.00 to my door. Guess it beats spending 700.00 on a new clutch. I will post results soon

Users who are viewing this thread