spark plug blown out 2012 gt500

mr 347

Established Member
My mechanic called me the other day, and informed me that I had #6 spark plug blown out. My dilemma is HOW would a dealer correct this? The car is still under a ESP warranty, and the motor has never been modified. Are they going to go the cheapest route which I hear is a helicoil, or would they replace head? Could there be damage to the block? Im stressing, because the motor is stripped down right now, and I really dont want to pay to have the shop put it back to factory and tow to ford if all they are going to do is a Helicoil, which he can do at his shop. Thanks for the help.

merkyworks

Established Member
it was said in another thread Ford states the only fix for a spark plug blow out is to replace the head, there is no options to helicoil it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
If it is still under factory warranty, the dealer will replace the head. The ford authorized repair for cars that are no longer under warranty is lock-n-stitch.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Perfect, thank you. could this have hurt the motor? I appreciate the replies!!

Probably not, other than the head. Unless it broke the plug up and then sucked in bits of it after blowing it out.

mr 347

Established Member
Question, they are giving me a new head, but should they do anything to the otherside? Car has 47,000 miles, would there be more pressure or tightness on one side? ALSO, they said one of the spark plugs on the pass side was coming out too. WTF is wrong with ford? Thank you!!! Oh yea, They sent the head with no head bolts........................................................................................................

Users who are viewing this thread