Spare Tire solution for Brembo Pack GT's

UWISHU1

Honey Badger
Established Member
Got a spare tire for my Brembo Pack GT, couldn't risk driving down to Florida with out one.
19x9.5 SVE Drift 275/35R19 Nitto

BEFORE
2012-03-13122852.gif

AFTER

18X8 5-100/114 35FBR DRAG DR34
P225/50R18 94T GOODYEAR EAGLE LS2

2012-03-13122909.gif

2012-03-13123532.gif

2012-03-13125801.gif

FIT great on the car no clearance issues, wheel well wasn't as bad as i thought, takes a little creativity to make it look neat but all in all came out good.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Damn good idea. I'd be happy with just a regular spare and swapping back to front if I had to. Your solution is much better though.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Great solution. It looks factory in there too. I will be buying this before I take my road trip.

UWISHU1

Honey Badger
Established Member
Nice spare. But you're gonna drive that thing to fla?? Wow. Should be a fun ride.
lol so is my brother with the Mach 1 and 4.30's :eek:
Damn good idea. I'd be happy with just a regular spare and swapping back to front if I had to. Your solution is much better though.
Thanks, can't take all the credit, did a lil researching on the internetz
Great solution. It looks factory in there too. I will be buying this before I take my road trip.

Thanks it's a good piece of mind when out on the road. :-D

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I need to do this soon. I've made two trips from FL to NY and back without a spare. I've been lucky.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member

thats what im doing sid lol. i bought a mini spare off another member. i rather switch tires than be stuck along the road. 12 hours to mustangweek!!

UWISHU1

Honey Badger
Established Member
Good stuff - would you mind sharing where you got the stock scissor jack and stuff?

The scissor jacked I picked up free from a club member. And I reused the hardware (J- hook, plate, and screw/knob) that held the air pump/fix a flat that came in the spare tire well.

MYFSTSVT99L

Ingot 2012
Established Member
Been thinking about this also, I got new wheels and instead of selling all 4 I think I'll just keep 1 of them and put 1 of the stock tires back on it and use it as a spare. Maybe try and sell the other 3 for others wanting a spare. Just gotta find a jack and I'll be good, will use a 3/4 in racket for the lugs.

lukem80

Established Member
I was able to get a new OEM ford jack and lug wrench from Tousley Ford Parts Depot

for $60 shipped

4R3Z-17032-AA - the lug wrench

4R3Z-17080-AA - scissor jack

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I had to shell out about $300 for a 'spare tire' kit for this car......... WTF.

Ford could've saved a little weight by not putting 60lbs of mufflers on them and giving us a 30lb spare tire.... idiots

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
I will be using a race star front runner as my spare. I have a tire off of a 17 inch steel spare that I will be transferring over to that wheel. I may plastidip it to make it look official.

Fits on all 4 corners, light weight, and fits in the wheel well with room to spare (pardon the intentional pun, lol) All for about 200 bucks...

FastRedPonyCar