Spam-Prescription Refills?

JMoraru

Established Member
I've tried searching google, but I cant seem to find anything on this. I keep getting emails, from a different address every time, about some "prescription refill".

Here is an example:

Hi Jonathan MXXXX
I wanted to see about the medication transaction filed via the fulfillment site shipped at this billing location Jonathan Moraru- 545 XXX XXX XXX

Then there is a link at the bottom.

First of all, I have no prescriptions, nor have I ordered anything that would result in anyone asking me this. They have my name and home address and now today I just got it in the form of text, so somehow someone got my damn phone number too:fm:

Every time I get it, i send it to the spam folder, but its ALWAYS a different email address. How can I stop this? Its driving me nuts! Im gonna FLIP if i continue to get texts to my phone about this. I get several emails a day!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

Mike L.

Established Member
I get hundreds every week. luckily Yahoo ( my home page automaticaly dumps them in my spam folder and I empty them every day.
My wife has AOL and she has been getting them for years. I can't stop them.

oldmodman

Established Member
I get hundreds every week. luckily Yahoo ( my home page automaticaly dumps them in my spam folder and I empty them every day.
My wife has AOL and she has been getting them for years. I can't stop them.

This.

I take a quick glance at my spam folder just to make sure that nothing real got dumped in there by accident then it just goes to the dumpster.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Did you go to the doctor recently? I swear they share your visit with every medical marketer out there.

Did you search for meds online or how to pass a piss test?

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Find some common wording used in the subject or body of the email and make a 'rule' sending that email to a folder designated for that type of email.

For instance, if 'jonathan moraru' is in every email, make a rule saying that any email containing 'jonathan moraru' in the body gets moved to the 'prescrip spam' folder. It will probably make the new folder for you as well.

The words jonathan moraru are strange enough that it's really unlikely that a good email will be put away.

Then as OMM said, check it so often and delete them. (Cntrl A) (delete)

Last edited:

JMoraru

Established Member
Looking at his screen name, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that might be the guy's actual name...

Yea, it is....kinda regret using it as all my user names right now.

I send all of them to the junk folder, but it doesnt stop them from getting through. I think i might try that rule with "prescription" or "refill".

I would like to know what started this crap in the first place. Junk email is one thing, its like I have a whole army after me now!

Users who are viewing this thread