spacer

Presteige

Established Member
Were there ever any made for use SRA guys... Id really like to get one for my driveshaft considering its a little off from where I had IRS:beer:

Presteige

Established Member
A spacer to go between pinion, at the end of the driveshaft at the rear. When you convert to a SRA it actually sets your driveshaft back 3/8's to 3/4. So the groves actually stick out a little. Still drives fine but just a piece of mind. A few others on here had the same problem.

MVD

Established Member

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
No, if you read the list of vehicles it applies to there is no 2003-2004 Cobra listed. That spacer is for 1330 U-joints.

Yeah, saw that the 03/04 Cobra was not listed, but did not know if that applied to the drive-shaft or the rear end. Obviously if you swap to an IRS, you no longer have the 03/04 rear, but Steeda leaves out any information that would apply to the SRA swap...

MVD

Established Member
Yeah, saw that the 03/04 Cobra was not listed, but did not know if that applied to the drive-shaft or the rear end. Obviously if you swap to an IRS, you no longer have the 03/04 rear, but Steeda leaves out any information that would apply to the SRA swap...

Huh, the joint mates to the rear end, so obviously both have the same bolt pattern for the 1350 joint. You can't have one without the other.

Here we go.... They will work if you have done a 8.8 swap. Just not made to work with IRS.
JEGS Performance Products 60620 JEGS Billet Aluminum Mustang Driveshaft Spacer

Again, no, swapping the IRS is irrelevant. That spacer is for 1330 joints, however the OEM driveshaft still bolts to a 1350. You can not sandwich a 1330 bolt pattern spacer between the two.

TRBO VNM

I had one made. Luckily a friend worked at a machine shop and made one for me out of aluminum and then I went and bought sockethead bolts from Fastenal. I used the factory bolts in countersunk holes to hold it to the pinion flange and then the longer bolts to bolt the d/s to the pinion flange. It is either 1/2" or 5/8".

Last edited:

Presteige

Established Member
I had one made. Luckily a friend worked at a machine shop and made one for me out of aluminum and then I went and bought sockethead bolts from Fastenal. I used the factory bolts in countersunk holes to hold it to the pinion flange and then the longer bolts to bolt the d/s to the pinion flange. It is either 1/2" or 5/8".

pm sent

Users who are viewing this thread