south east NC.... Wilmington's BnT or National Speed?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I know that it's been asked a couple of times already; but what kind of vehicle is it that you are wanting to get tuned?

Reason I ask, is some tuners are better at one specific vehicle than others.

This is true. If it's SVT I'd say Amazon would be the first choice. I know Majestic is MOSTLY Japanese/Euro. I've never dealt with Fastlane or National so I can't say for sure. Although the one time I call National for a quote for a S/C install and tune for a D1 they wanted $10k plus... I never called them back.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Since i have never been to either i cant give you a great opinion but one of my buddies had his roush worked on and dynod at Fastlane and he never had a complaint.

Mach1Mustang

Established Member
if you are up for a drive check Pro Dyno. They are located in the Charlotte area. pro-dyno.net

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I live in area and I can tell you that all the shop around here will have good and bad opinions. I am not one to slander any shops to the public so I will just tell you what 3 shops you should look into. Waynes Dyno in Jville is a good shop to go to. He does do his work on the side and his tunes are conservative but he will do aggressive tunes for the track. Fastlane is a drive from the coast but they do great work and some good tunning as well. The only other shop I would go to is Majestic but this is more of import shop and I don't have any experience with them (I am fimilar with Rich the owner) but I hear good stuff about them in general and have heard they do domestic cars. There are handful of other tunners but mainly imports so I will not mention them since your looking to tune a stang.

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
I still vote for Arthur Todd....

I would stay with Arthur. But I am going turbos and he will not touch them.

jf4boogie

Established Member

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I did a base line pull at Majestic, and Rich and the staff are a good bunch of guys. The only problem I had was that their tuner (at a loss on his name) could not really do a good tune with my Diablo Sport Tuner........Not his fault since the Diablo kinda sucks. But, they are SCT tuners...seems like the better way to go anyways. As for Wayne's Dyno, I am not the biggest fan. I actually lost 30 HP getting a tune from him on my 01' Bullitt.... If it wasn't so far though (I live in J-ville when I'm not deployed...), I would drive up to Fastlane for sure.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Fastlane
Amazon
Unique
Pro-Dyno
Custom Perf
Competition Auto
Injected Eng
Kurgan

There are so many that are great at what they do!!! (NC/SC/GA)

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
I have a friend that does a lot of work on mod motored cars; and in the past year he has had to replace motors with bad tunes from a couple of the tuners mentioned in this thread.

Choose wisely :)

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I have a friend that does a lot of work on mod motored cars; and in the past year he has had to replace motors with bad tunes from a couple of the tuners mentioned in this thread.

Yeah- the one I've been warned to stay away from is in Jax and starts with a W... I have heard horror story's about that guy for YEARS!!

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I still vote for Arthur Todd....

I would stay with Arthur. But I am going turbos and he will not touch them.

why not? turbos are awesome...we have had turbos on several of our personal vehicles and Rick has tuned hundreds of turbo set ups...he is probably going to put a turbo on the Gen1 Lightning he is putting together to race for the 2011 season

jf4boogie

Established Member

qft

SR81

is Coke slangin
Established Member
NSi has a nice shop. But after talking with Shawn at BnT, he will prob get my business after I get my Harley F150. But thats just who I felt better with. So take my post with a grain of salt. Im just looking for a higher post count....

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
national speed just rubs we wrong, and as i mentioned earlier BnT will do the nitrous tune on my ZX2...all of this back and forth made me go with the PRP.

also, who cares how great the shop is when the customers cant get thru? i always found it funny how some shops excuse is "we are too busy to get every call". i understand if it happens once, but every day? c'mon man

i hate to say but increased customer inquiries is a result of success, and if your too cheap or not wise enuff to hire staff to handle customer service while you (the shop) do the tuning, then youre throwing a ton of cash away and unknowingly have pissed off people telling people not to use your service

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Yeah- the one I've been warned to stay away from is in Jax and starts with a W... I have heard horror story's about that guy for YEARS!!

Sorry that you heard that kinda stuff about him but on here you notice that people are saying th same about BNT NSI Majestic etc.......all hear say. Every shop is going to have some kinda bad opinions from various customers.

Users who are viewing this thread