south east NC.... Wilmington's BnT or National Speed?

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Just to add.........I think the one thing I really look for in a shop is if they are at the track on the weekends with there own cars. It speaks volumes about whether or not they have experience. Wayne of Waynes Dyno......he is at our local track every weekend racing his own car. Some of the other mention local shops come out too not to take away from them........ but others I rarely see out at all (I would who say but like I said I am not one to slander shops in public...pm me if you want to know;-))

AlanSVT

Established Member
why not? turbos are awesome...we have had turbos on several of our personal vehicles and Rick has tuned hundreds of turbo set ups...he is probably going to put a turbo on the Gen1 Lightning he is putting together to race for the 2011 season

I am not 100% sure why he doesn't but I think he doesn't like the tuning portion of it.

Anyways, There are tons of reliable tuners in the area.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Sorry that you heard that kinda stuff about him but on here you notice that people are saying th same about BNT NSI Majestic etc.......all hear say. Every shop is going to have some kinda bad opinions from various customers.

Very true... personally I've spoken with him on the phone a couple of times. But I've had 2 friends get their cars tuned by him only to shortly after have catestrophic failure.... as a matter of fact when I went to RPM near Raleigh to get my Camaro tuned, Ryan was rebuilding one of the grenaded engines. Who knows- I might have gotten lucky and he (Wayne) would have done a good job- or I could have ended up like my friend and had to tow my car somewhere else. Glad I didn't find out.

Ryan @ RPM works only on Chevy's so he wouldn't be much help with this discussion. I've personally dealt with Amazon and Majestic. Both do great work. Ford I'd go with Amazon... Majestic does great work but Rich's crew is way more experienced with foreign cars. They did a helluva job with my Audi and they worked on my 99Z28 as well. I got my Mach and Cobra tuned @ Amazon... have had LOTS of people from our Mustang club in Hawaii get tunes from Amazon and were very happy. I've not dealt with the others except that when I called National for a quote they were extremely expensive.

Just to add.........I think the one thing I really look for in a shop is if they are at the track on the weekends with there own cars. It speaks volumes about whether or not they have experience. Wayne of Waynes Dyno......he is at our local track every weekend racing his own car. Some of the other mention local shops come out too not to take away from them........ but others I rarely see out at all (I would who say but like I said I am not one to slander shops in public...pm me if you want to know;-))

I'll say one of them. Majestic. Rich has one of the fastest Supras in the country (1500+ rwhp:rockon:). He trailers that thing everywhere for races.- does his own work too. To me that says a lot.

Last edited:

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
I am not 100% sure why he doesn't but I think he doesn't like the tuning portion of it.

Anyways, There are tons of reliable tuners in the area.

When I did research on tuners over a year ago; I think someone mentioned to me that he only likes tuning Kenne-Bell vehicles.

The reason I asked what the OP had was because like I said; the make and model of the car is very important as to who I would let tune it.
I have a '03 Cobra and from my experience over the years; they are quite unique in the way that they are tuned. Just because a buddy has a N/A 2V/3V/4V Mustang tuned by Tommy Tuners shop doesn't automatically mean that they can tune a 03-04 Cobra.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
The reason I asked what the OP had was because like I said; the make and model of the car is very important as to who I would let tune it.
I have a '03 Cobra and from my experience over the years; they are quite unique in the way that they are tuned. Just because a buddy has a N/A 2V/3V/4V Mustang tuned by Tommy Tuners shop doesn't automatically mean that they can tune a 03-04 Cobra.

2000 ford ZX2 S/R...frpp head crower 2 cams, 73mm c&l maf, 11:1 c/r je pistons eagle rods,4 TO 1 jba race header (1 5/8 primaries to 2.5 collector),65MM bbk tb, udp...you get the point. similar builds have gone to 7700 to 8200 rpms, i have the ford racing intake manifold so im prob shifting around 7700rpms when i tune the cams to bring the power band down a bit

Last edited:

KingBlack

Established Member
stupid big high rpm intake manifold

short block going back into the car

8.5 pound flywheel...Fidenza

ported FRPP head..over 230cfm @ .400 lift

you gotta admit, those jba race headers are BEAUTIFUL

Last edited:

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
Nasty set up.

Good Luck with getting your car tuned.

Seen a turbo ZX2 from (IIRC) Greeville NC that runs pretty good.

Last edited:

KingBlack

Established Member
Nasty set up.

Good Luck with getting your car tuned.

Seen a turbo ZX2 from (IIRC) Greeville NC that runs pretty good.

this one? i ran a super 60 in my other ZX2.

custom (home made) turbo set up with super 60, T3

got 2psi at 1800 rpms, full boost (11psi) at 3000 rpms on pump gas

9:1 c/r j/e pistons, eagle rods. pulled on a 99 vette in this set up in a roll race back in the days

Mach1Mustang

Established Member
Trust me... Pro-Dyno is the only place i will ever take my car. Dan has always answered my calls or returned them shortly afterward. He does awesome work. Just check him out at pro-dyno.net

$helbyGT500

BnT

Shawn and Darren have done all the work on my car since purchase in 2007. I trust them completely. Shawn really cares about customer satisfaction. I have never taken my car to any of the other shops mentioned. I will tell you that Shawn and his lead mechanic have gone to several race events with me as far away as Charlotte and Frederick Maryland resulting in having to close the shop on Saturday. Their support has created a customer for life. I agree with an earlier poster, visit all the shops, talk with the owner and mechanics; then go with your gut....the shop you feel comfortable with. I did this in 2007 and glade my choice was BnT.

SR81

is Coke slangin
Established Member
Shawn and Darren have done all the work on my car since purchase in 2007. I trust them completely. Shawn really cares about customer satisfaction. I have never taken my car to any of the other shops mentioned. I will tell you that Shawn and his lead mechanic have gone to several race events with me as far away as Charlotte and Frederick Maryland resulting in having to close the shop on Saturday. Their support has created a customer for life. I agree with an earlier poster, visit all the shops, talk with the owner and mechanics; then go with your gut....the shop you feel comfortable with. I did this in 2007 and glade my choice was BnT.

Is that your 500 in the trailer? Very nice ride indeed! I need a ride!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread