Sorry if this is redundant: I'm looking for threads about supercharger upgrades.

Native

Established Member
Been looking through different threads trying to find info about all the different options for upgrading the 07-09 supercharger. I'm familiar with the KB and Whipple but I'm not familiar with the 2010+ supercharger (Trinity?) upgrade options. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Again, I can read well so I'm not looking for the easy answer, just some threads I can read up on.

Edited by Mod to show original post. Much better than the revised one.

Last edited:

Mainn

Established Member
There's the Trinity TVS, which came off of the 2013-2014 GT500's. Here are a couple of thread links, from a quick Google search (admittedly, I haven't looked closely at either of the results, so hopefully it's what you're after):

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?966706-2013-GT500-Supercharger-on-my-2011-GT500

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...3-TVS-Upgrade-on-2010-GT500-several-questions

And then there's our supercharger - the VMP TVS GEN II. http://vmptuning.com/superchargers/gen2/

There's a bunch of info on the 'net on both blowers. Here's a comparison of the Trinity TVS with the VMP TVS. http://www.svtperformance.com/2014/06/23/tech-vmp-gen2-vs-trinity-tvs-test/

That should be enough light reading to get you going. ;-)

Native

Established Member
LOL ^^^ you think I didn't google search? The first thread is a guy wanting to upgrade his 2011 GT500...little bit of a difference lol.

Mainn

Established Member
LOL ^^^ you think I didn't google search? The first thread is a guy wanting to upgrade his 2011 GT500...little bit of a difference lol.

You asked for threads you could read up on, and that you don't know much about the Trinity TVS. The fact you thought the Trinity was on 2010+ cars suggests that (hint...it wasn't used until 2013. 2007-2012 cars all use an Eaton M122 as stock). I provided you with threads you could read up on about it.

You said you know about the KB and Whipple, and wanted to know about other supercharger upgrades out there. I suggested the VMP TVS, as that IS a different option.

2011's aren't all that different to your 2009. What's this 'small difference' you speak of?

I apologise if that's not what you're after. No need to be rude at all about it.

Good luck. Hopefully others can help you with what you're looking for. :)

Last edited:

MysticRob

Established Member
Maybe you just suck as badly at google searching keywords and proper nomenclature as you do at showing appreciation for people trying to help you? :-D

I found numerous google hits online for "2009 GT500 TVS upgrade" in the way of both online magazie tech articles and suppliers with info about upgrading to what we can only assume you meant by "Trinity" from your stock M122 Eaton.

I should add I wouldn't look on SVTP threads for details on upgrade options. I can almost guarantee you that any thread here likely won't have half the tech specs or detailed info that an online mag article or aftermarket supplier's site will have for info.

Try that, and maybe saying, "thanks for trying to help". :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... 2007-2012 cars all use an Eaton M122 as stock). ...

Do they? It was my understanding that the '07-'09 cars came with a 1.9L blower and the '11/'12 came with a 2.1L blower. (Don't know about the '10.)

Native

Established Member
Maybe you just suck as badly at google searching keywords and proper nomenclature as you do at showing appreciation for people trying to help you? :-D

I found numerous google hits online for "2009 GT500 TVS upgrade" in the way of both online magazie tech articles and suppliers with info about upgrading to what we can only assume you meant by "Trinity" from your stock M122 Eaton.

I should add I wouldn't look on SVTP threads for details on upgrade options. I can almost guarantee you that any thread here likely won't have half the tech specs or detailed info that an online mag article or aftermarket supplier's site will have for info.

Try that, and maybe saying, "thanks for trying to help". :thumbsup:
Do you even have a GT500 or Cobra ? Or do you just troll threads so you can put in your .02 cents?
People like you crack me up because you troll around on a discussion forum (where people go to get help and talk) and you get all butt hurt because you feel people should search instead of ask questions. IF you don't have a car anymore...are you on here to help people? Troll? Make cyber friends? Rob...seriously quit being a little b*tch.

weider1717

Established Member
You asked for threads you could read up on, and that you don't know much about the Trinity TVS. The fact you thought the Trinity was on 2010+ cars suggests that (hint...it wasn't used until 2013. 2007-2012 cars all use an Eaton M122 as stock). I provided you with threads you could read up on about it.

You said you know about the KB and Whipple, and wanted to know about other supercharger upgrades out there. I suggested the VMP TVS, as that IS a different option.

2011's aren't all that different to your 2009. What's this 'small difference' you speak of?

I apologise if that's not what you're after. No need to be rude at all about it.

Well said and you was really helpful with my first questions on here and I appreciated it. Your post on this subject made sense to me.

fullboogie

Established Member
Wrong way to start out, pal. The questions you asked have been gone over a thousand times, so people are pointing out that a little time searching on this forum should give you what you need. If it doesn't, you'll have to look elsewhere. And by the way, nobody refers to our cars as "Cobras."

Native

Established Member
Wrong way to start out, pal. The questions you asked have been gone over a thousand times, so people are pointing out that a little time searching on this forum should give you what you need. If it doesn't, you'll have to look elsewhere. And by the way, nobody refers to our cars as "Cobras."

I don't care what you think...you are welcomed to not reply. Also, why don't you learn to read. I asked your boyfriend Rob if he even had a Cobra because that's the car that was referenced in his signature. I've owned four 03-04 "Cobras" and two GT500's...pretty sure I know the difference.

MysticRob

Established Member
Do you even have a GT500 or Cobra ? Or do you just troll threads so you can put in your .02 cents?
People like you crack me up because you troll around on a discussion forum (where people go to get help and talk) and you get all butt hurt because you feel people should search instead of ask questions. IF you don't have a car anymore...are you on here to help people? Troll? Make cyber friends? Rob...seriously quit being a little b*tch.

I don't care what you think...you are welcomed to not reply. Also, why don't you learn to read. I asked your boyfriend Rob if he even had a Cobra because that's the car that was referenced in his signature. I've owned four 03-04 "Cobras" and two GT500's...pretty sure I know the difference.

I did nothing more than attempt to help another poster who apparently has trouble with critical thinking, anger control, and constructive criticism. Apparently didn't notice the little smiley faces on my post either. Asks basic questions showing he knows nothing about his own car or how to pull up basic info from the world's largest resource, then jumps down people's throats when they attempt to help him. Very odd he would start a thread asking about something so basic yet says he has owned many of these cars before. Nice use of standard internet tough guy keywords like "butthurt" and "troll" though. Well, good luck with everything there, OP.

Native

Established Member
I did nothing more than attempt to help another poster who apparently has trouble with critical thinking, anger control, and constructive criticism. Apparently didn't notice the little smiley faces on my post either. Asks basic questions showing he knows nothing about his own car or how to pull up basic info from the world's largest resource, then jumps down people's throats when they attempt to help him. Very odd he would start a thread asking about something so basic yet says he has owned many of these cars before. Nice use of standard internet tough guy keywords like "butthurt" and "troll" though. Well, good luck with everything there, OP.
There you go. That feel good? Hope so...move along now.

tvspower

Established Member
Here we go.. Someone asks a question then gets some helpful info then bitches. OP=Keyboard asshole with an attitude.. OP You deserve a slap upside the head...

MysticRob

Established Member
There you go. That feel good? Hope so...move along now.

I don't feel good or bad, OP.
Just trying to help, and hopefully educate you on how you're being perceived by other members.
First you ask inane questions that nobody can decipher, then you completely change your original post so the entire point of the thread is lost, then you repeatedly call other posters rude names. You are the very definition of an internet troll.

At this point I doubt you get any help from anyone on this forum. You're also likely close to getting banned completely, so you might want to watch your step. Unsub'd.

Native

Established Member
then you repeatedly call other posters rude names.
Please!!! You get mad because i "lol" at your helpful post then start crying about it. Show me where I "repeatedly call other posters rude names"....?

At this point I doubt you get any help from anyone on this forum. You're also likely close to getting banned completely, so you might want to watch your step. Unsub'd.

Seriously, what else is new. I usually don't post here anyway. Too many arrogant "god gift" types.

Native

Established Member
I'm so used to people jumping down people's throats I anticipated it. I started the thread title off apologizing because I knew exactly how this would go. "Sorry if this is redundant "Please point me in the direction..." Yep...I'm rude with a bad attitude. lol

Last edited:

Native

Established Member

Thank you for your original post. I didn't mean to come across rude. I was agitated trying to find info and was a little gun shy about posting for help on this forum.
You definitely called me out for being rude and moved on.
Don't know why Rob had to chime in and escalate everything (boredom or trolling perhaps).

Users who are viewing this thread