Sorry Guys...

gkviper192

Established Member
As some of you may know I have been waiting my build date for my grabber blue '13 gt500 since June. As of about a week ago I gave up my order and got my deposit back. The dealer's ETA just kept getting pushed back by the dealer and the rep wasn't giving any accurate information about when my order was going to be built. I am very disappointed with Ford not being able to give ANY accuracy whatsoever or any information in regards that we are paying 60k for. Ridiculous. I love the '13 gt500 but at this point I'd be looking at getting the car in the dead of winter.

I made the switch and found a brand new 2011 zr1 in jetstream blue, fully loaded in North Carolina. I'm having it picked up in an enclosed trailer and it should be here by the end of the week.

Good luck to all you guys waiting on your '13 shelbys. It will be worth the wait considering it is a fantastic car. I couldn't wait anymore and decided to go another route. I'll still be lurking this forum for a while though. :beer:

peteypab2133

Established Member
sorry for your wait man, at least you didnt settle for something.. The ZR1 is an amazing machine. get some pics when you get them please.

Enjoy the GM rocket

rdsnk46

Established Member
I think I'd rather have a ZR-1, good choice and sorry about the 500. I had been tosing the same idea around. GT500 or ZR-1......a used Z is an awesome car. 4-5k in bolt ons and you can have a light weight ultimate warrior.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Well it's not like you're downgrading by going with the Chevy. Zr1s are beasts and Jetsream blue is one of the best colors I've ever seen in person. Man I love mine, even though it's just a lowly Z06.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I think the ZR1 is a great choice for those that can afford it. There is currently NO other American car that offers that level of performance. The ZR1 is a compilation of GM's hard work and well deserving of the "Best in the USA" crown.

Last edited:

gkviper192

Established Member
I think I'd rather have a ZR-1, good choice and sorry about the 500. I had been tosing the same idea around. GT500 or ZR-1......a used Z is an awesome car. 4-5k in bolt ons and you can have a light weight ultimate warrior.

+1 no doubt the zr1 definitely hauls the mail.. but we all know bolt on gt500s make crazy power too. they are both very fast cars and fun in their own ways. I will be doing lots of back road carving now lol :rockon:

BOD89LX

Established Member
+1 no doubt the zr1 definitely hauls the mail.. but we all know bolt on gt500s make crazy power too. they are both very fast cars and fun in their own ways. I will be doing lots of back road carving now lol :rockon:

Good choice I was in the same boat as you but my car got built and delivered by my deadline. I hope you got a killer deal on it I know when I was looking you could buy a new left over 2011 for the same or less then many people were trying to get for used ones with 5K on them. Post up some pics when you get it.

:beer:

dom418

Established Member
You upgraded with the ZR1 so don't feel bad. They are super cars and out perform many exotics. You will love it congrats!

gkviper192

Established Member
You upgraded with the ZR1 so don't feel bad. They are super cars and out perform many exotics. You will love it congrats!

thanks man. I really love the gt500, but I've always been a sucker for vettes.

gkviper192

Established Member
here she is, just showed up about an hour ago

dfvxxy.jpg

shelbysvt

Established Member
13 shelby to ZR1? How much did you get it for? All the ones I see on cars.com with the 3lz package from 2009 are still in the 80-90s. The 2011 I see is like 110k still.

Oh and take more pics I love the zr1 in that color :)

And you better not mess up any of the carbon fiber on that car. Wouldn't want to buy new parts with the 60k clear coat

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
You got it just in time to take it to ATCO for the Corvette track rental !!!!! :banana:
A bunch of guys will be out there...would be a good time to meet up with some of your new Vette brothers and learn a few of the tricks to driving them :beer:

They were hoping a few 2013 GT500's were going to take up Gary's offer to come out and run with them, but nobody responded.
Oh well.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
13 shelby to zr1? How much did you get it for? All the ones i see on cars.com with the 3lz package from 2009 are still in the 80-90s. The 2011 i see is like 110k still.

Oh and take more pics i love the zr1 in that color :)

and you better not mess up any of the carbon fiber on that car. Wouldn't want to buy new parts with the 60k clear coat

+1

Users who are viewing this thread