Sorry Guys...Bad News

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
You all may recall a couple weeks ago i posted Who will win an 08 GSXR 1000 vs. 04 TT Cobra? Well i wanted the race to happen but something happened before we could and sorry there won't be any video or race for a long time.

Well on Septemeber 18, 2010 i spent the night at a supposed "friend" house. Well anyways when i was asleep he took my keys to the 2004 twin turbo Mytichrome and decided to go for a lil joy ride thru town at 3 a.m. Keep in mind the dr's have trouble keeping traction on a highway at 120 and he is on a side street in town with parked cars on both sides doin 1st and 2nd gear pulls. I had no idea this was goin on cuz i was asleep at his place.

He did at least 4 pulls down this side street and on the 4th time he lost control of the car and smashed into a parked truck. Still waitin to see if the car is fixable or if my insurance company is goin to total the car...:fm:.

He said he wasn't speeding and only went down the street once, but i talked to the guy who's truck got hit and he and his family said it sounded like a jet goin down the street at least 4 times before they heard the big bang. Plus there are skid marks 120 feet long.

He hasn't offered to pay me anything and all he can say is sorry and still expects me to be his friend and hang out...don't think so he can go play in traffic.

But anyways sorry i posted a race prediction and thanks for everyone's input but sorry it never happened. I'll try to keep everyone updated on what i find out.

UPDATE: The insurance adjuster called me and told me the car WILL NOT be totalled and fixed 100% So now just waitin to see what happens to the A-Hole the caused me all this trouble...

Last edited:

obZidian

Established Member
If he doesn't man up you, unfortunately have options. If the bill is on you well, ur friend better do the right thing and take care of it. Even if he has to sell his ass on craigslist, it would be the right thing to do.

DaBigBone

Established Member
This is why I NEVER drive my car if I plan on being gone over night.

Hope it works out for you

bottlefed97

Established Member
What a moron. I can't believe he actually had the nerve to take your car out while you were sleeping.

He deserves to get the f*ck beat out of him, and then to pay you back every penny for your Cobra. Plus some for being a douchebag.

Sil80sx

Established Member
That's fing awful, sorry to hear you have doucebag friends like that. We all have some of those types of friends :shrug:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Why isn't he in jail for grand theft?

If you are not family and take my car out for a joyride and wreck it, **** it, I'm throwing the book at you.

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
Sorry to hear that. All my friend know that they can't drive my car when I'm awake and better not even think about while I'm sleeping. If I had a TT Cobra, there really would be consequences and repercussions. Your friend should have known better.

monX

Established Member
What an idiot. Tell him he pays up or gets indited for car theft.

+1 This is completely unacceptable and he must be fully responsible and pay for all the damage he has caused or you better take some serious action.

A real friend wouldn't steal your keys without your knowledge in the first place let alone crashing and not stepping up to the plate to take responsibility. :fm:

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
Its a touchy situation. Cops are involved but its not looking good. I had 4 or 5 beers and knowing what the car made for hp i thought i would do the right thing and let him drive it to his place. He had strict instructions to go straight to his place and that was it and to keep it out of boost. The cops said since i gave him permission to drive me home earlier that night around 1 am I cant get him for GTA or maybe not even unauthorized use of vehicle. But I do have a statement from him signed and notorized that he did not have permission to take the car a second time. I even have another friend that heard me tell him the rules and the police said its still not looking good...i dont know other then my insurance company is behind me 100% on this

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
I say an eye for an eye. Should take his ride and total it. I'm gonna take a guess though and say he probably doesn't have much of a ride. Should still wreck that POS's ride anyways. Then f*** his girl and PIIHB!

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
I say an eye for an eye. Should take his ride and total it. I'm gonna take a guess though and say he probably doesn't have much of a ride. Should still wreck that POS's ride anyways. Then f*** his girl and PIIHB!

He has a saturn station wagon so it wouldn't be worth it lol. good news is the adjuster looked at it and i have ALL my parts turned into insurance so it all should be fixed

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
I'm surprised you didn't go to jail for murder...

It took all i had not to kick the snot out of him. The officer that took us to the car the next morning said he would have if he was me and if i wanted to he would turn around and let me got at it lol. i really wanted to when i went to open my hood to check the new motor and turbos and the hood broke into 2 pieces in my hands. Also found out he is showin ppl the accident and the truck he hit as if he is proud and i'm told he laughs about it cuz he knows its a touchy situation

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
do you have pics of the car?

I have the car sittin in my garage now and have pics but the only computer i have access to is at work where i'm at now. The computer at the house crashed and never bothered to fix it or get a new one yet lol. i'll try to get one of my friends to post them up for me

Users who are viewing this thread