sooo, Chevy's actually serious about a mid-engined Vette?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
So the C7 is only going to be a 3yr run?

I doubt it'll be a C8, rather a very limited run car above the standard vette. We don't even know if it'll actually be called a vette. If successful, I could see it laying the groundwork for future rear engine generations.

We may need to start thinking of Corvette as a brand, rather than a specific model car. Corvette Stingray, Corvette "Zora", etc

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
C&D and others have been posting this same thing for a couple months now. Chevy has confirmed they are working on the C8, but that is all that has actually been confirmed as far as I can tell.

These magazines have even gone as far as to say maybe chevy will make a corvette "family" like land rover has done with the range rover series. All on different chassis.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I think this was also a rumor years ago about what is now the C7.

Yup. Chevy has made prototype mid-engine corvettes every now and then over the past 50 years. It's an easy rumor to start to get some web traffic going.

That said, I would buy a mid-engine corvette in a heart beat.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The long standing rumor of this car seems to be taking some solid form. "As before, the ZR1 will be low volume, roughly 1500 units per annum, and high priced. We figure around $150,000." I can definitely see a radically different ZR1 model from the rest of the C8 models. It would definitely be a big change for Corvette, as far as platform models. This one, I like a lot. Time will tell the truth.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I doubt it'll be a C8, rather a very limited run car above the standard vette. We don't even know if it'll actually be called a vette. If successful, I could see it laying the groundwork for future rear engine generations.

We may need to start thinking of Corvette as a brand, rather than a specific model car. Corvette Stingray, Corvette "Zora", etc

Gotcha, that sounds more logical.

Users who are viewing this thread