~ Sonic Blue Whippled Cobra Results ~

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I've been saving and buying my parts here and there since last summer, well the day finally came. I just got back from PSI Motorsports in Houston for my tune this morning. The weather wasn't too bad but quite foggy so im assuming humidity was high... but the numbers and s.o.t.p's feel still impressed me!! A 75mph-110mph pull in 3rd was enough to tickle my fansy, 110 came quick!:dancenana:

597 RWHP std
544 RWTQ std
11.8 A/F
20 degrees max timing
93 Octane

Mods are:
"New" Gen2 2.3l Whipple (seeing around 18lbs)
3" whipple upper / stock lower
4 Billetflow idlers
JLT RAI w/ 9" filter
SCT-2400
Accufab SBTB
60# s.d. injectors
KB b.a.p.
Magnaflow catted x & catback
XCal 2

(Sorry these are from my phone so the pics AND video is horrible! Also the video is just a testing pull... not the final pull which went much longer)

downsize-5.jpg

0315100920a.jpg

[ame=http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee76/cas72684/?action=view&current=0315100924.flv]
th_0315100924.jpg
[/ame]
0315101315.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cody, you forgot the most important thing......your numbers! Post em up and stop teasing us. LOL!

03mgtermi

Established Member
how would you rate PSI as a Houston area tuner....I'm shopping around.

any bad experiences or people I should stay away from?

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member

ive heard MANY MANY times stay clear of strictly performance. PSI did well on mine and i know he has tuned many local cobras and theyve all had good things to say about Patrick for their power level and drivability ... he is even known nationwide for tuning lightnings

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member

PSI did most of the work on my car and i'm very happy with them. PM me if you have any questions about Houston area tuners, i don't want to talk smack on the internet.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Nice numbers man congrats! :beer: I'm going with an almost identicle setup. I can't wait to get my Whipple installed! :rockon:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
wow 20* seems kinda high for a street tune no? Nice #s though, i am no tuner so i dont know if that is high or not and im sure that they wouldnt guide you wrong, but i always thought that you should go round 17-18 on pump? I guess that 17-18 is just real safe.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
wow 20* seems kinda high for a street tune no? Nice #s though, i am no tuner so i dont know if that is high or not and im sure that they wouldnt guide you wrong, but i always thought that you should go round 17-18 on pump? I guess that 17-18 is just real safe.

i would actually think its higher myself .. however this tuner has tuned many local cobras and is known nationwide for tuning lightnings so i dont argue his judgement .. the car pulls like a freight train .. and yes i believe the 17-18 degrees is a very conservative tune

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i hope that rainy front blew through last night here in southeast texas ... i wanna get her out:D

i LOVE the new sound.. the exhaust has a higher note due to more air and the whipple sounds much nicer than the unported/unpullied eaton

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread