Sonic Blue Pricing Crisis!!!!!

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Ok here's the story, i just sold my 2001 WS6 today for 22k. I am looking to buy a sonic blue cobra soon and there is one at a dealership near my house. They are asking $26,995 for the car with only 4300 miles on it, which will be just under 29k after taxes and title. My dad is Dead set on not paying sticker price for ANY CAR EVER!!!! So he thinks i shouldn't get this one because the dealer will not budge a bit. He thinks that i will find another sonic blue cobra with 4000 miles on it for cheaper. I told him he is outta his mind!!! I have the money and i really want this car, i thought i would ask all of you who have 03/04 cobras if you were in the market again would you pay 29 for a SONIC blue cobra with 4000 miles on it?? He even said its not all about the price its just the fact that you never pay sticker price for a used car....................EVEN IF ITS AN 03 SUPERCHARGED SONIC BLUE COBRA WITH 4000 miles on it!!!!!! LOL do you guys think it would be a mistake to buy this car?? There's also another couple that is looking to buy the same car right now,:fm: thats why i need quick advice!!

Oh and can anyone tell me how many exactly were made in 03 (Sonic)

Thanks a lot!! :)

UCBeau

!!

BUY THE BLOODY CAR!!!!!!!!!:mj: :mj:

seriously...buy the damn car..that sounds like a great price. sonic blue is one of the best colors ever on a car IMO.

MusclePower1

Established Member
i agree, i see nothing wrong w/ $27K + tax + title for a year old s/c cobra w/ 4K miles...and, yeah, sonic blue is second behind the mystic:bowdown: :coolman:

ogc

Established Member
you are probably being played a fool...

"there is no way Ill sell you this car for any less... those people over there just offered me this much for it, but I like you better so if you give me this much Ill sell it to you"

Dont pay what they ask.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Tell them to call you if they don't sell the car and want to come down in price. Then put several thousand in hundreds down on the desk and tell them you have the down payment ready. They won't want to see the money walk out the door. I did this when I bought my Cobra and was surprised at how the sight of the cash really affected the people at the dealer. I thought they were going to cry when I picked it up.

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Thanks for all your opinions guys, OGC: I dont care if i am getting played the fool because i think 26995 +TAX and title is a pretty damn good price myself..........you know what.......i am going to buy the damn thing.............i'll post pics :beer:

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
From my experience dealers don't really care about "cash" - they make more money if you finance through them.

There are several ways to play it, to try to get them to go down. However I have dealt with dealers, that even with the prospect of losing a sale, simply would not budge, pride greed who knows why (and they did lose the sale).

Sounds like a decent price, so if you want it, buy it.
But if it is really Daddy's money that is on the table, you are in a bit of a pickle, huh.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
If there is no problem with the car and this is the color you want..go for it. You might not find that deal again. Buying an 03 cobra is not like buying a honda or whatever..even though they made over 8,000 cobras they are still a limited production car.

Last edited:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
if it has the parchment seat inserts(tan) there were 23 of them built as coupes in sonic blue.. otherwise, there's about 1100 of them with the grey seat inserts..

black96snake

Established Member
I don't know why they won't budge on the price. These things aren't selling that well right now with the new one coming out in a month. I think that you shouldn't get too attached to that car, and wait it out, give them a little time make them an offer and see what happens.

BTW Sonic blue is my favorite color with black and orange comming in second.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by ogc
you are probably being played a fool...

"there is no way Ill sell you this car for any less... those people over there just offered me this much for it, but I like you better so if you give me this much Ill sell it to you"

Dont pay what they ask.

yea, just walk the track this weekend:rollseyes

The price is fine on it, and I see people wait themselves out of cars ALL the time "ill check back tomorrow", and its gone.

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
Wonder how hard the car was driven by the previous owner....?

U.M.

Check for mods and bad tire scrub. The car is stout enough that its hard to hurt itself stock. The average used economy car is beat much worse then the average used cobra.

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Dude that's a good deal. BUY IT!!!!
If you try to play games with the dealer you might end up getting burned because ya never know someone else might come in later that day and buy it. Then your screwed...

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Hey thanx again for all the replies. I was on the way to the bank today to cash my check for the down payment (14k) and the guy at the dealership called me and said the car was just sold. I honestly am in shock right now. I just cant beleive i was so close to getting this car and he sells the car out from under me. What an asshole, seriously, i guarantee i would have treated that car better. Now i cant find a sonic Blue cobra by me without 12,000 miles or more. God this sucks so bad

Oh and RIDETHELIGHTENI: I make my own money working 40 hours a week, 5 days a week, at 19 to afford a Cobra but thanks for the "Spoiled kid, daddy's money" line, a lot of ignorant people tell me that. :dw:

Stang2WRX

Established Member
Originally posted by Want04Cobra
Hey thanx again for all the replies. I was on the way to the bank today to cash my check for the down payment (14k) and the guy at the dealership called me and said the car was just sold. I honestly am in shock right now. I just cant beleive i was so close to getting this car and he sells the car out from under me. What an asshole, seriously, i guarantee i would have treated that car better. Now i cant find a sonic Blue cobra by me without 12,000 miles or more. God this sucks so bad

Oh and RIDETHELIGHTENI: I make my own money working 40 hours a week, 5 days a week, at 19 to afford a Cobra but thanks for the "Spoiled kid, daddy's money" line, a lot of ignorant people tell me that. :dw:

Sucks man!

I couldn;t find a low-miles '03 around me either... almost bought one from MI though haha...

I ended up paying $27,600 for one with 1,579 miles... Kept in a carpeted garage, owned by an older police officer.

It was Bone Stock and looked like it just came off the production line.

I drove my dads truck out to Indiana and trailered it back to NY on a uhaul trailer. - That trip and trailer rental cost me like 350, so I still made out ok I think.

BTW - im 20 and bought mine... don;t listen to all the old farts. Some young guys are disciplined and work hard for what they want. On the other hand, I know some people our age that don;t even know how to fill out an application.

Users who are viewing this thread