Something Orange…

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My actual first rip. Little tire squirrelly taking off. Note cop car just to my right. lol.

This is stock exhaust. I picked up the Akra Evo on Saturday. Will install soon.

Ninedown

Established Member
No ethanol-free gas near me.

I ended up buying two 5 gallon pails of 95 Octane Sunoco. With shipping is was $30 per gallon. Wife was not impressed. lol. There is some saying about begging for permission vs. asking for forgiveness?? Yeah, I chose the later.

You hit my problem on the head, the bike won't get a lot of use. Guessing no more than a few hours per year. If I did 6-8 track days next year, I'd be impressed.

And since I have five cops that live within a block of my house, the odds of frequently ripping it on the street are extremely small. lol.
It's the price to play. You'll barely be going thru those 10 gallons in a season. I only planned on getting max 10hrs a season on the bike. Why I went with no ethanol.

That KTM looks so much fun. Do you ride them on track days with sport bikes?

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's the price to play. You'll barely be going thru those 10 gallons in a season. I only planned on getting max 10hrs a season on the bike. Why I went with no ethanol.

That KTM looks so much fun. Do you ride them on track days with sport bikes?

Smaller tracks, yes, with sport bikes. I have two right near me. Blackhawk Farms and Autobahn Country Club. Otherwise I'll be on a proper motard/supermoto tracks at Road America and a couple of tracks in eastern Michigan.

I decided on this bike to scratch that track itch but have a much lower cost of repair WHEN I finally get to make my meat crayon (@LS WUT ) thread.

LS WUT

Established Member
Smaller tracks, yes, with sport bikes. I have two right near me. Blackhawk Farms and Autobahn Country Club. Otherwise I'll be on a proper motard/supermoto tracks at Road America and a couple of tracks in eastern Michigan.

I decided on this bike to scratch that track itch but have a much lower cost of repair WHEN I finally get to make my meat crayon (@LS WUT ) thread.
It’s the old saying! “It’s not if you go down it’s when”. These things happen though for sure. My brother went down about a week or two ago. His fork seals leaked and got into his brakes. He was approaching a turn at about 90. He got it down to about 20 and ditched the bike. He made it out really well, he did what I never got a chance to do. So mad props to him. Bikes not so hot anymore though.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you going to add Sta-Bil to the container once it open?

According to Sunoco, the fuel "has excellent storage characteristics, making it ideal for storing vehicles and gasoline-powered equipment, especially those requiring an exceptionally stable unleaded fuel."

This is the exact stuff I bought.

Worst case, if I think the fuel is getting too old, I can run it in one of the other bikes to use it up. My Hypermotard has always been a whiny bitch with fueling.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
That thing is sooo cool, congrats man. As for ethanol free gas, maybe try the lawn section of your local Home Depot or Lowes as they usually have (at least around me) cans of Ethanol free gas. It isn't cheap, but for as little as you'll use it's an option I think.

LS WUT

Established Member
IMG_4041.jpeg

Currently for this 2019 MT-09 to **** around with. So we will see if I want one.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
View attachment 1824279
Currently for this 2019 MT-09 to **** around with. So we will see if I want one.
I love the sound of those. Do it!!! The naked market is really on fire. I have those same mirrors on the hyper. I really like them. Slightly convex so they have a little wider field of view.

But I'd rather have the Fox in the background!!

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here is my current family photo.

From left to right:

Fook Me
Fook You
Fook Everything

Mini Me snuck in there too. That little dude is fun as shit. Highly recommend. Losi Promoto.

IMG_1259.jpeg

LS WUT

Established Member
I love the sound of those. Do it!!! The naked market is really on fire. I have those same mirrors on the hyper. I really like them. Slightly convex so they have a little wider field of view.

But I'd rather have the Fox in the background!!
Yeah man, it’s been a fun rip around bike. It loved to do wheelies even in 2nd. Cool set up of bikes you’ve got bud!

Haha yes, that’s Blueballs! Car is a ripper even without the nitrous. I just got my foxbody back in my possession 30 minutes ago.. long story on that..

Attachments

• IMG_2202.jpeg
    IMG_2202.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 17

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
No ethanol-free gas near me.

I ended up buying two 5 gallon pails of 95 Octane Sunoco. With shipping is was $30 per gallon. Wife was not impressed. lol. There is some saying about begging for permission vs. asking for forgiveness?? Yeah, I chose the later.

You hit my problem on the head, the bike won't get a lot of use. Guessing no more than a few hours per year. If I did 6-8 track days next year, I'd be impressed.

And since I have five cops that live within a block of my house, the odds of frequently ripping it on the street are extremely small. lol.
Should be some Casey's gas stations around you and they typically carry 87 and 91 ethanol free gas.

Users who are viewing this thread