Something Big Is Coming

csc427

Established Member
Running a car to 200mph is immensely different then running the 1/4. It went 196, it would go 200mph if anyone cared to give it's just do.
It was their claim nonetheless. And 196 is worlds away from 200 btw. It’s a very bold claim to be 200+. ESP for a muscle car. I dont personally care if it tops out at 180 or 215 mph. Also don’t care if people can’t match the 9.65 but are getting sub 10 second et’s. Both cars are awesome and I’m just making the point that we can’t nitpick one and not the other. Both cars have failed to achieve their manufacturer’s claims (technically) if we are being fair about it. There is so much hate for the demon. But I assure you if that gt500 runs sub 10 second 1/4 mile times stock, it will be lauded as the best car on the planet ever in the history of everdum. And I will be buying one. Lol

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
And I think both cars are amazing btw. Would be happy to own either.

I agree. But it is also WAY easier and more likely that someone could match the Demon claim just because it can be attempted legally countless times at drag strips whereas the 200 mph run realistically cannot be attempted that frequently (legally).

csc427

Established Member
I agree. But it is also WAY easier and more likely that someone could match the Demon claim just because it can be attempted legally countless times at drag strips whereas the 200 mph run realistically cannot be attempted that frequently (legally).
Agreed. I’m of the belief that both claims can in fact be obtained but only in the perfect situation. Dodge plainly stated that it took countless passes in the greatest da to achieve their claim. The haters on here act as if anyone should be able to jump in the car and run 9.65 anywhere in the country. It’s laughable.

Last edited:

Curt@injected

I can't talk much. I used to be a brand loyalist too until I got into this industry and started driving a lot of different sports cars. I learned that I like what I like no matter who manufactures it and I was denying myself the enjoyment of a lot of different bad ass cars by being so closed minded.

Coiled03

Established Member
Ignore him. He's a hater because it came from camp Dodge. Plus once someone matches the factory time, he'll just deny and claim it isn't stock. There's no winning with club bias.

Nah, that's me.

I ****ing hate Dodge and everything they've ever built. I'd take a 12 sec. mustang over a 9.XX Dodge any day of the week and twice on Sundays. That's because I don't pretend like ET is the only thing important in a car.

By the way, you could substitute GM in place of Dodge, and it would still be mostly true.

csc427

Established Member
I can't talk much. I used to be a brand loyalist too until I got into this industry and started driving a lot of different sports cars. I learned that I like what I like no matter who manufactures it and I was denying myself the enjoyment of a lot of different bad ass cars by being so closed minded.
There are tons of amazing cars out there that most people miss out on because they refuse to believe that x brand can’t make a great car.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Nah, that's me.

I ****ing hate Dodge and everything they've ever built. I'd take a 12 sec. mustang over a 9.XX Dodge any day of the week and twice on Sundays. That's because I don't pretend like ET is the only thing important in a car.

By the way, you could substitute GM in place of Dodge, and it would still be mostly true.

That's a silly position to take.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Nah, that's me.

Can you refresh my memory of why you have that position?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Google Hellephant 426. Indexed articles due to the embargo of a 1000hp crate motor that will be announced at 7:26 eastern time (4:26 pacific ie SEMA’s time). There are a few pics of the car they have under a cover as well. Looks to be a Resto-modded Charger.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

There are tons of amazing cars out there that most people miss out on because they refuse to believe that x brand can’t make a great car.
f26.jpg

Love the constant repeating of the same excuse from the "non fanboys" who seem to be fanboying hard on the Demon.
Person A: No Demon has gotten close to Dodge's claim
FB: You're a hater, you don't like Dodge
Person A: Uh huh, but isn't it weird no one can get close to their time?

Nothing reaffirms your position, like assuming everyone who points out the obvious, is a die hard Mustang fan, and won't accept anything else. Why acknowledge truths when you can just assume everyone else is ignorant.

Luis Jr

Google Hellephant 426. Indexed articles due to the embargo of a 1000hp crate motor that will be announced at 7:26 eastern time (4:26 pacific ie SEMA’s time). There are a few pics of the car they have under a cover as well. Looks to be a Resto-modded Charger.

nice find

Curt@injected

View attachment 1525728

Love the constant repeating of the same excuse from the "non fanboys" who seem to be fanboying hard on the Demon.
Person A: No Demon has gotten close to Dodge's claim
Person A: Uh huh, but isn't it weird no one can get close to their time?

Nothing reaffirms your position, like assuming everyone who points out the obvious, is a die hard Mustang fan, and won't accept anything else. Why acknowledge truths when you can just assume everyone else is ignorant.

The irony of you posting that picture.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

I just heard word that they're aiming/testing for high-8s with it.

Users who are viewing this thread