Somebody egged my car!

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Why do people have to be so focking stupid :cuss: :cuss:
I guess it's just one of those stupid things you have to deal with when you live in an apartment complex with mostly college students. Last year somebody wrote DICK on my room mates mustang back window with shoe polish. If I ever catch someone doing that shit again I'm gonna kill them (or more than likely I'll just follow them home and call the police):mj:

-RANT OFF-

I was wondering if I need to do something with the paint after this incident. I just waxed my car last month, but I heard that egg yolk eats into the paint??? I cleaned it off first thing this morning... should I do anything else?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
what a bunch of shit that is......people cant respect others' belongings. i'd be furious

KingKobra

Established Member
MY OPINION:

If the paint is not damaged and you see no visible problem with the finish, you should be fine.

I remember doing stupid stuff like that, but I wasn't in college. I think I was like 12. Stupid idiots!!

bsmith9165

Established Member
As long as you got the egg off before it dried, your paint will be fine. The coat of wax on the car will protect it

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Apparently they threw two eggs. One hit just below the snake emblem and splattered all over the radiator. The second hit my hood between the headlight and the heat extractor. The impact on the hood actually chipped the paint. There are 6 chips in a circular pattern the size of a quarter. Some people say it's just a car... and you shouldn't take it personal... but I'm sorry... I go through way to much shit to make my car look nice, and then some ****tard messes it up.

KingKobra

Established Member
Originally posted by CyberDaveA
Some people say it's just a car... and you shouldn't take it personal... but I'm sorry...

Those "same" who say it's just a car are usually chicks and dorks who drive POS cars. Take away the dork's X-box and he whines like a baby. Tell the woman that she's fat and you're doomed to never hear the end of it.

Mess with the COBRA, a $35,000 snake from hell??? YOU BETTER HAVE YOUR RUNNING SHOES ON, CUZ IT'S TIME TO DIE!!! :bash:

This is not some POS honda, it's a sports car that even my Chevy buddies admire.

I'm with ya, I'd be pissed and deservedly so. Hope it all works out.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The sad thing is that often those who do stupid things to a Mustang are those who for whatever stupid reason hate Mustangs. They might be diehard Chevy owners just looking to spoil a sweet looking Ford. I was always paranoid about where I took my Cobra for fear that some idiot (maybe a jealous idiot) would do something stupid. One reason why I would never go to a Chevy vs. Ford track event. I guess what they say is true. Stupid is as stupid does!

FKing1

Established Member
Bummer. Some idiots can't stand to see someone with more than they have. Agree with above posts, paint should be OK. Had the same kinds of problems when my son was a teenager living with me. Could have been worse, keyed!!! Ugh.
Fred K.

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
The sad thing is that often those who do stupid things to a Mustang are those who for whatever stupid reason hate Mustangs. They might be diehard Chevy owners just looking to spoil a sweet looking Ford. I was always paranoid about where I took my Cobra for fear that some idiot (maybe a jealous idiot) would do something stupid. One reason why I would never go to a Chevy vs. Ford track event. I guess what they say is true. Stupid is as stupid does!

"Forest, life is like a box of chocolates: Sometimes some douchebag eggs you car and then you must hunt them down and inflict swift and blinding violence on them. That and you never know what you'll get blah-blah-blah".

ModsAway

Established Member
I would never egg your car... you may find me making love to it but thats about it.

Personally I think you would be more tramatized if you saw me then a couple eggs hehe :D

Edit: More likely you are bound to find me parked next you just waiting to ask all kinds of questions about your ride. Usually eggs are no big deal although extremely aggravating, sorry to hear about the chips in the paint, that sucks.

Last edited:

sjw985

Established Member
Some idiot egged my old '99 a couple years back. They threw the egg so hard it actually spattered from the bumper INTO the trunk. That's right, there was yolk on the carpeting. It was crazy, and it chipped the bumper down to black plastic. Given that my car was white, that didn't make me very happy.

I just don't understand people who do things like that. I go out of my way to keep my car looking great - washing, waxing, parking under cover, not driving in bad weather, etc. What I respect in people is not the car they drive, but how they care for it. I'm not impressed by a dirty, dusty, pi$$ed on Cobra or Z06. I am impressed by a sparkling clean and swirl-less Sentra that I can see my reflection in. But I'd never do anything to damage either of them.

As far as rice goes... that's another conversation. But even if IH8VTEC it I still wouldn't touch someones car. I'll just accelerate normally from the stoplight in my '03 and wave in my rear-view mirror.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
i've had my cobra egged... one hit the hood (left a nice size egg mark which chipped the paint), it splattered all over my hood. the 2nd egg hit right below the snake emblem which then splattered all over my heat exchanger.. Yes, bits and pieces of egg are still there. I stopped and confronted the kids.. It was this party full of 15 to 17 year old high school kids. None of them confessed.. More of my friends started showing up because I called them and told them what happened. Bunch of pussies, they all started going back inside when they saw I stopped.. I guess they were on this ledge (about 16 feet high), throwing eggs at cars while they drove by. An egg hitting the hood of your car at 45 mph is NOT good for anything. I know where they live, just time and patience till I get my revenge.

Wildcard

Established Member
Time to get out the shot gun j/k. It happened to me a couple years back. If your paint is chipped make sure to go to a good paint shop.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
that sucks man. one of our local guys (UCF area) with an '01 SVT Cobra just got egged to hell. wonder if it might have been the same person/group?

some people are just IDIOTS.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
My Cobra was egged once, I just rinsed it off that morning and it was okay, be carefull not to wipe with the egg shells still on there, I think it's an end of School thing, kids.

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
That sucks, people just got to act like animals! Can't have anything nice

BenD

Established Member
Unfortunately Envy is usually what motivates actions like that, especially if it's among older people. Young kids that throw things at cars usually are motivated by mischief.

Too bad you don't have a garage. You may have to buy a piece of shit for a daily driver and store your Cobra for a while. Because today it was eggs, tomorrow it may be tires, or worse! Envy is a powerful human emotion.

ragshockey88

Established Member
yea dude..........sorry.............when i get my 05 its goin in the garage every night no questions asked.........if u dont have a garage i would say go for a cover

MS KWIK

Established Member
Someone (I think my nasty neighbors) egged my '01 Z06 Vette a couple years ago, I was at the beach when it happened and didn't get home until several hours later. The egg left a huge circular mark in the paint where it hit the door, and the rest of it splattered all over the hood, rear fender, roof and deck. It took the paint off in every spot it hit :fm: My stupid insurance company refused to repaint the entire car, so I ended up trading it in for a Jeep Grand Cherokee several months later. There's no way I was going to have them spot-paint a black $52K Z06!

Shelley

Users who are viewing this thread