Some upgrades to the CR500AF Magnum Eagle!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
My nephew is handling some bolt-on upgrades to the CR for me since I rarely have time for wrenching when I'm up in Michigan where the bike is stored. He's really into repairing older bikes and does it as a hobby. He just recently finished a '77 Yamaha XT500 that he's using as a trail bike. He also has a little YouTube channel where he documents the work he's doing on the bikes. He does all of this out of a little shop in the back of his barn.

Anyways... While I was in Michigan this past July 4th I gave him my bike and a milk crate full of parts for him to install. He's uploaded an initial video of the bike, the work to be performed, and some footage as he takes the bike for a ride down a nearby dirt road before disassembly.

Show his video a little love my fellow SVTPer's. He's just getting started and I know he'd be thrilled to see some extra views & likes.

U.M.

Uncle Meat

Established Member
stator install.jpg

He's putting the adjustable stator in it now. It will give me the ability to advance or retard the ignition timing +/- 7 degrees. I'm going to try about -5 to start. Looking to gain some low/mid range tractability while adding a bit to the top end.

He'll post the next video on Saturday I believe.

U.M.

MG0h3

Established Member
Wouldn’t negative timing hurt high rpm performance?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I fricking love that bike.... Put a set of supermoto rims/tires on it and tell me a price. lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess not on a 2-stroke! Here's a chart where they did some testing with this adjustable stator assembly showing the different settings and their effects .

U.M.
View attachment 1804253

Advancing timing on a 2 stroke increases low and mid range pop at the expense of top end.

A slight retard of the timing will flatten/smooth out your power band and add some over rev (top end).

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
My nephew is handling some bolt-on upgrades to the CR for me since I rarely have time for wrenching when I'm up in Michigan where the bike is stored. He's really into repairing older bikes and does it as a hobby. He just recently finished a '77 Yamaha XT500 that he's using as a trail bike. He also has a little YouTube channel where he documents the work he's doing on the bikes. He does all of this out of a little shop in the back of his barn.

Anyways... While I was in Michigan this past July 4th I gave him my bike and a milk crate full of parts for him to install. He's uploaded an initial video of the bike, the work to be performed, and some footage as he takes the bike for a ride down a nearby dirt road before disassembly.

Show his video a little love my fellow SVTPer's. He's just getting started and I know he'd be thrilled to see some extra views & likes.

U.M.

I didn't realize you had a Service Honda too. I have a 2008 Service Honda Patriot Edition. It's the blue frame with white plastics limited edition one. AJ told me that's the rarest Service Honda he made. I assume you're on his FB group Built 500?
I bought the same stuff from MSV for mine but I haven't even opened the box yet lol. I'm watching your nephew's vidz now to learn how to do it properly. Thank's for sharing this.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
I didn't realize you had a Service Honda too. I have a 2008 Service Honda Patriot Edition. It's the blue frame with white plastics limited edition one. AJ told me that's the rarest Service Honda he made. I assume you're on his FB group Built 500?
I bought the same stuff from MSV for mine but I haven't even opened the box yet lol. I'm watching your nephew's vidz now to learn how to do it properly. Thank's for sharing this.
Screenshot_20230817_184829_Gallery.jpg

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
Mine is pre-Service Honda days. It's one of AJ's original builds from back before he teamed up with Service.

U.M.

* Your bike would look PHENOMENAL with a Hygge.

screenshot_20230817_184829_gallery-jpg.1806036
Oh that's super cool. AJ kept the 500's alive and actually made all 500's way more sought after. Are you the original owner? Where did you get the Hygge pipe from? Cost?

Uncle Meat

Established Member
Are you the original owner? Where did you get the Hygge pipe from? Cost?
No. I purchased this bike from Ken Kaplan back in December of '21. The Hygge pipe comes directly from Hygge! :LOL: Hygge Performance

Cost. Well, you know what they say about, "if you have to ask"... C'mon, you own a Service Honda, you can afford one... :cool:;)

U.M.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
No. I purchased this bike from Ken Kaplan back in December of '21. The Hygge pipe comes directly from Hygge! :LOL: Hygge Performance

Cost. Well, you know what they say about, "if you have to ask"... C'mon, you own a Service Honda, you can afford one... :cool:;)

U.M.
I watch Ken's vidz often. I looked it up and a little more than I was thinking but will look killer on my bike.

Uncle Meat

Established Member
I watch Ken's vidz often. I looked it up and a little more than I was thinking but will look killer on my bike.
The blue hue of a Hygge would match your bike like it was made for it.

Here's the original video of the bike I bought from Kaplan. The 3rd gear starting holeshot sold me. :LOL: As soon as I got the bike I removed all the plastic with the custom graphics and stored it away.

U.M.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
The blue hue of a Hygge would match your bike like it was made for it.

Here's the original video of the bike I bought from Kaplan. The 3rd gear starting holeshot sold me. :LOL: As soon as I got the bike I removed all the plastic with the custom graphics and stored it away.

U.M.

I agree about the blue hue of the pipe with my frame looking awesome. They're out currently but I could get on a waiting list. Welp. Another purchase I have to hide from the wife lol.

Users who are viewing this thread