some sorry ass mofo egged my car this morning

Jpjr

Established Member
BlownShift said:
pm sent to your account

i would not spend the money on something that would cost more than it would to have your car cleaned. you can buy those sensors i was talking about for like $40. put it next to your bed, and it will ring like a phone whenever someone crosses into your driveway. you can place it high enough so that small animals will not set it off.

the best part is that unlike a security light, the brats will never know that they've been detected.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Jpjr said:
i would not spend the money on something that would cost more than it would to have your car cleaned. you can buy those sensors i was talking about for like $40. put it next to your bed, and it will ring like a phone whenever someone crosses into your driveway. you can place it high enough so that small animals will not set it off.

the best part is that unlike a security light, the brats will never know that they've been detected.

All depends on how much you want to spend. Do you want to catch someone on video so that you can turn it into police.... or... just so you know who did it so you could resolve it... personally. To me, it's not about spending more money on what it would cost to clean. It's about someone violating your property. A royal ass beating is deserved.

As far as alert sensor, it depends on where the incident is taking place. Does he park on the street or in the driveway. What if they throw the eggs from the street? I wouldn't get out of my car to toss eggs.

There is alot of different stuff you can buy and setup. He already has a small camera. Cheapest would be to use that camera, get a motion activated floodlight, and a vcr and set the vcr to record every night from say, 11 pm to 7 am.

If you rather catch the douchebags undetected, you can get a small little 68 LED infrared illuminator for $100 that throws out light that only the camera can see.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
BlownShift said:
SNIP...you can get a small little 68 LED infrared illuminator for $100 that throws out light that only the camera can see.

Just let him borrow the one from your bedroom ;-)

JP

Blksnke

Established Member
Happened to my daughter who borrowed my 2 week old Explorer with the pearl finish. Caused small chips on the back door handle. She felt so bad about it, she had a hard time telling me. The way she was acting, I thought at first that she crashed it.
:idea: So i took it to the dealer and told about bad paint job and they fixed it. :-D

BlownShift

Established Member
JP said:
Just let him borrow the one from your bedroom ;-)

JP

and my red ryder bb gun??

I can be in the basement, turn on the tv, and watch jehovah witnesses knock at the door... then hit the intercom button and tell them to kiss my ass cause i'm celebrating my birthday with santa claus and the devil

Jpjr

Established Member
BlownShift said:
All depends on how much you want to spend. Do you want to catch someone on video so that you can turn it into police.... or... just so you know who did it so you could resolve it... personally. To me, it's not about spending more money on what it would cost to clean. It's about someone violating your property. A royal ass beating is deserved.

As far as alert sensor, it depends on where the incident is taking place. Does he park on the street or in the driveway. What if they throw the eggs from the street? I wouldn't get out of my car to toss eggs.

There is alot of different stuff you can buy and setup. He already has a small camera. Cheapest would be to use that camera, get a motion activated floodlight, and a vcr and set the vcr to record every night from say, 11 pm to 7 am.

If you rather catch the douchebags undetected, you can get a small little 68 LED infrared illuminator for $100 that throws out light that only the camera can see.

So your going to spend the money to record this person, so you can turn it into the police and have them laugh at you? I'm sure they'll thank you for the great evidence, go back to snacking and tell you to contact your insurance company. It's said, but that's reality.

I guess I'm making an assumption that you wouldn't park a Cobra on the street, but if that's not the case then your best bet is to buy a club and a locking car cover.

Egg throwing is a pain in the arse.. The best you can possibly do is catch them in the act without them knowing it, and either scare the hell out of them or call the cops immediately. Beating up on stupid teenagers is unfortunately more trouble than its worth.

Last edited:

BlownShift

Established Member
Jpjr said:
So your going to spend the money to record this person, so you can turn it into the police and have them laugh at you? I'm sure they'll thank you for the great evidence, go back to snacking and tell you to contact your insurance company. It's said, but that's reality.

I guess I'm making an assumption that you wouldn't park a Cobra on the street, but if that's not the case then your best bet is to buy a club and a locking car cover.

Egg throwing is a pain in the arse.. The best you can possibly do is catch them in the act without them knowing it, and either scare the hell out of them or call the cops immediately. Beating up on stupid teenagers is unfortunately more trouble than its worth.

If you turn video evidence into the police and they laugh at you, then you have bigger problems living in that city just kids egging a car.

He already has a camera. All he needs is a second vcr that he probably has laying around. If not, they're like $40 now. Toss in a $80 - $100 infrared illuminator and he's done. I'd rather spend $100 - $140 to catch some kids destroying my property than to just let them have their fun.

Let's say you want make things right and you don't want to wait for life to even things up for you. Then don't turn it into the cops. Take it into your own hands. That doesn't mean you have to shoot someone. But if you know you who did it, then go toss some ****ing eggs yourself. You can't egg every car within a 10 mile radius so you need to know who did it.

Jpjr

Established Member
BlownShift said:
If you turn video evidence into the police and they laugh at you, then you have bigger problems living in that city just kids egging a car.

He already has a camera. All he needs is a second vcr that he probably has laying around. If not, they're like $40 now. Toss in a $80 - $100 infrared illuminator and he's done. I'd rather spend $100 - $140 to catch some kids destroying my property than to just let them have their fun.

Let's say you want make things right and you don't want to wait for life to even things up for you. Then don't turn it into the cops. Take it into your own hands. That doesn't mean you have to shoot someone. But if you know you who did it, then go toss some ****ing eggs yourself. You can't egg every car within a 10 mile radius so you need to know who did it.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, so point me to any police station in Detroit that will utilize video surveilance and assign officers to hunt down a bunch of minors for egging somebodys car, and I'll be the first in line for cameras. :poke: :-D

I do like the idea of returning fire, but again the extreme of setting up a video monitoring system seems a bit excessive. I guess I'd buy a fitted car cover and a cheap alert system, to each their own.

Kiddk1

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
Established Member
Jpjr said:

The problem is the car is parked in the street. The egg shells cause small chipping to the paint. I have been parking in the driveway now but it is easier to park in the street. The small camera I have now is a POS, the issue here is that these punks egged a brand new sports car, they have no respect for anything and will likely happen again, and also I am still pissed and want revenge. thanks

Last edited:

BlownShift

Established Member
Jpjr said:
I'm not saying I disagree with you, so point me to any police station in Detroit that will utilize video surveilance and assign officers to hunt down a bunch of minors for egging somebodys car, and I'll be the first in line for cameras. :poke: :-D

I do like the idea of returning fire, but again the extreme of setting up a video monitoring system seems a bit excessive. I guess I'd buy a fitted car cover and a cheap alert system, to each their own.

you can spend thousands but the most he needs to spend is $150

i wouldnt take a tape to the cops unless the car that was in the video is one that was always going through the street and you could grab the plate and turn that in with the tape..

if he can recognize the punk off a tape, then he can politely ask the kid to stop... because finding the punk's car at 4 am and accidently slashing the tires, shattering the windows, spraying the car with paint remover, dumping 5 lbs of sand into the gas tank, and crawling under the front and cutting the radiator house and sniping any electrical wires would be the wrong thing to do :(

:idea:

Kiddk1

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
Established Member
BlownShift said:
because finding the punk's car at 4 am and accidently slashing the tires, shattering the windows, spraying the car with paint remover, dumping 5 lbs of sand into the gas tank, and crawling under the front and cutting the radiator house and sniping any electrical wires would be the wrong thing to do :(

:idea:
THAT RULES

Users who are viewing this thread