IMG_8915-1L-X2.jpg

IMG_8918-1sL-X3.jpg

IMG_8920-1L-X2.jpg

IMG_8925-1L-X2.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Great shots. One thing i never understood was why they put the running boards on the Tremor trucks. Looks so out of place. Lower it a bit and take off the running boards and its a truck i would love to own.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Great shots. One thing i never understood was why they put the running boards on the Tremor trucks. Looks so out of place. Lower it a bit and take off the running boards and its a truck i would love to own.

I already have the 3/5 drop kit, just waiting to pick up an airbag kit. I'll yank the steps once they're installed. As is they're necessary for my mom to get in the truck. What doesn't make sense is the 4x4 ground clearance on a 2wd truck, thx Ford!

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Why do you still have the antenna on? I don't have any good radio in my area so I just yank it and do Sirius. Looks better, too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice photos, Kat. Great looking Tremor, of course. :rockon:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
No side profile pics?

I have never seen one of these at a dealer. I remember it getting lackluster reviews from some car mag. How are you enjoying the truck?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Why do you still have the antenna on? I don't have any good radio in my area so I just yank it and do Sirius. Looks better, too.

I can't stand Sirius, especially not if I have to pay for it. I usually stream Pandora or Amazon through my phone, but I do still listen to radio, especially since my phone and Sync don't get along all the time. Texas rock stations aren't half bad.

Is that the tunnel at TWS?

Yep, sure is

Nice photos, Kat. Great looking Tremor, of course. :rockon:

Thanks!

No side profile pics?

I have never seen one of these at a dealer. I remember it getting lackluster reviews from some car mag. How are you enjoying the truck?

I haven't done a full shoot yet because I think it looks stupid as it sits and I hate the wheels. They had several at dealers in Houston, I snatched mine for $10k off sticker. Ford made a few blunders with this truck, especially with the price, but I honestly love this thing. It's the closest I've felt to having my L back, but with nice new things like nav and backup camera. However. Comma. It pisses me off that Ford marketed it as having the "FX package" when they omitted half the package options...like, heated/AC seats. WTF man.

Some phone shots:

52E68256-A551-4BD2-A411-C3845746941D_zps3ydxy957.jpg

17A99119-2A6A-4E1C-9168-9C03E67C6859_zpssn7nyyab.jpg

9150ADCE-9F2C-4157-B7E2-728E6EF238C8_zpsfvdln6ow.jpg

Nice Tremor! Tuned by??

Lethal / PunchItPerformance

truck looks great! any new mods & times?

No, just the CAI and tune. Haven't been able to get back to the track to get an updated time.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
The new 2015 model with the 2.7L has a better power to weight ratio than the Tremor does.

2015 2.7L XLT F150
325hp 375lb-ft in a 4250lb 2wd truck
13.0 lbs/per hp
11.8 lbs/per lb-ft of torque

2014 3.5L FX2 Tremor F150
360hp 420lb-ft in a 5150lb 2wd truck
14.1 lbs/per hp
12.2 lbs/per lb-ft of torque

Still baffles me why Ford did this right before they went to the new aluminum body. I love the idea of the Tremor but the execution, marketing and final product are just meh.

I hope with some mods these things start making some huge power. I know the Explorer Sport and SHO are churning out some sick numbers. 450-460whp in the Tremor would be a nice start to a sport truck.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
The new 2015 model with the 2.7L has a better power to weight ratio than the Tremor does.

2015 2.7L XLT F150
325hp 375lb-ft in a 4250lb 2wd truck
13.0 lbs/per hp
11.8 lbs/per lb-ft of torque

2014 3.5L FX2 Tremor F150
360hp 420lb-ft in a 5150lb 2wd truck
14.1 lbs/per hp
12.2 lbs/per lb-ft of torque

Still baffles me why Ford did this right before they went to the new aluminum body. I love the idea of the Tremor but the execution, marketing and final product are just meh.

I hope with some mods these things start making some huge power. I know the Explorer Sport and SHO are churning out some sick numbers. 450-460whp in the Tremor would be a nice start to a sport truck.

Yeah, but that doesn't have the nice interior the Tremor has, even if it's short on options.

I got this truck for what my 2003 Lightning stickered for 13 years ago...not complaining. Yeah, Ford dropped the ball. But it's still a ton of fun (don't forget the 4.10 gears!) and is a nice, fun, perfect little DD for me.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, but that doesn't have the nice interior the Tremor has, even if it's short on options.

I got this truck for what my 2003 Lightning stickered for 13 years ago...not complaining. Yeah, Ford dropped the ball. But it's still a ton of fun (don't forget the 4.10 gears!) and is a nice, fun, perfect little DD for me.

Your truck is a very nice truck. Glad its working great for you and it seems that it spawned the 2.7L variant truck. The interior i could do less with. Not that big on the gaudy seats and stuff like that.
Im hoping for a power bump for the 2.7L for the 2016 model year so i can finally purchase the truck i want.

Good luck and get it back to the strip! I wanna see some times on these things with a tune. Should click off some 12's with that power increase that they are getting.

01svtL

Established Member
I dig the truck, just always felt they were way over-priced. $10k off isn't bad though, and probably about where Ford should have started with them. I still wouldn't mind having another L at some point just cause. But you're right, the overall quality of the Tremor has to be night and day compared to the L. You haven't installed the 3/5 kit in those pics right?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I dig the truck, just always felt they were way over-priced. $10k off isn't bad though, and probably about where Ford should have started with them. I still wouldn't mind having another L at some point just cause. But you're right, the overall quality of the Tremor has to be night and day compared to the L. You haven't installed the 3/5 kit in those pics right?

Right, this is still stock exterior with the exception of the painted bits on the hood and tailgate.

Users who are viewing this thread