Some predictions on the future of all gas guzzlers

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Freds Basement
guns-l.gif

So how does he expect to use all those at once if this imaginary revolutions comes to fruition? Back to the topic, no one is going to revolt over regulations on gas guzzlers.

Last edited:

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
While they're talking about it, they haven't had any widespread implementation. They could easily use smaller displacement engines and two small turbos on every car model out there. I'm sure there'd be a few that were left alone or given the option of having a rip-snorting V8 with a twin screw on it.

Its going in the new F-150's and the new Taurus SHO. They plan on making it available to 60% of their line-up within 4 years I believe.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
The government could dick over a lot of people by enforcing a national emissions requirement.

Ever heard of the Clean Air Act?
I see what you're saying. ENFORCING,As in..forcing I/M inspections on a federal level..Forcing every state,county,municpality what ever ,no matter what the local air quality is.
That would suuuck..Especially in places who have never had to deal with it or fund such madness.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I'm surprised that most manufacturers haven't gone the turbo route. Just for instance... The Chevy Cobalt SS uses a 2.0 four cylinder with a turbo to make 260 hp and 260 torque. Combined with all it's running gear, it makes for some pretty impressive performance stats while getting 30 mpg. They could easily do this with cars like the Mustang GT. Give it a six banger and a turbo, and it'd make better gas mileage. I think cars could make plenty of horsepower and have minimal turbo lag by using two small turbos instead of one big one. I think turbos will have a big role in the future of automaking.

cause most of us want a mustang with a V8, no matter if the turbo6 makes more power. Most of us could give two shits about mileage either, so i dont see why the government and states are trying so hard to regulate mpg. Give those that drive high-mpg cars a bonus, but dont punish those that dont mind 10mpg when gas is $5/gal.

Id like to know how manufacturers are going to sell mid and fullsize trucks with the mpg restrictions. there is absolutely no way a truck that can haul a boat will come close to 20-25mpg, let alone 35mpg that Cali wants to enforce by what, 2015 or 2019. Methinks manufacturers will pull-out of Commiefornia soo, and/or have to sell vehicles with no warranty and "off road use only" due to mpg restrictions, if thats even possible.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Ever heard of the Clean Air Act?
I see what you're saying. ENFORCING,As in..forcing I/M inspections on a federal level..Forcing every state,county,municpality what ever ,no matter what the local air quality is.
That would suuuck..Especially in places who have never had to deal with it or fund such madness.

Without going in depth, yes, that is what I meant.

Failing for something as simple as having an offroad h-pipe on the visual check would blow.

Vigilante

Established Member
Intereting thread, what I find more interesting that every "complete" combustion forms only CO2 and H20. CO is only produced from a lack of Oxygen, so adding a turbo makes sense to get cleaner air out the back.

But backwards dem thinking is more power=more pollution:bash: If only they knew how much pollution goes into the making of the batteries on their precious prius

Users who are viewing this thread