Some predictions on the future of all gas guzzlers

John4cam

Established Member
Whats going to happen to our cars? You know these enviromental retards are going to do something soon to make it harder for us to drive anything thats runs, looks, or sounds good.

How would they make it nearly impossible for us to enjoy our hobby???:beer:

LOLasaurus

Established Member
Well they are already going after the aftermarket suppliers. If they can kill the aftermarket parts companies then it would make it pretty hard for us to enjoy our hobby. Take the supra for example, I'd like to own a supra one day, sure its quick in stock trim but the real reason anyone would buy a supra is because you can make 900+whp no problem. Same could be said about the '03/'04 cobras. Car enthusists don't keep a car stock for very long.

Thats really the only way they can hurt us. Sure they could make some stupid high MPG standards but theres ways around that. Say they want the corvette to get 50 mpg highway, well lighten up the C6 by 500lbs, drop play with 6th gear ratio, and throw in that cylinder deactivation BS. While you won't be at 50 mpg it'll be a huge improvement over a current C6.

What these dipshits don't understand is DRIVER HABITS! A person driving a chevy malibu like a jackass will be getting worse MPG that someone thats just casually driving a GT500

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
if Obama has his way he will tax the crap out of oil, gas and ammo. so no more hot rods and assault weapons will be built and the ones like mine that are already built will be worth more......

i need to stockpile more spare car parts and ammo ;-)

Last edited:

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
IMO they are sticking their noses where it doesn't belong. I hope I never see the day we all drive small ugly looking unexciting automobiles.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I'm surprised that most manufacturers haven't gone the turbo route. Just for instance... The Chevy Cobalt SS uses a 2.0 four cylinder with a turbo to make 260 hp and 260 torque. Combined with all it's running gear, it makes for some pretty impressive performance stats while getting 30 mpg. They could easily do this with cars like the Mustang GT. Give it a six banger and a turbo, and it'd make better gas mileage. I think cars could make plenty of horsepower and have minimal turbo lag by using two small turbos instead of one big one. I think turbos will have a big role in the future of automaking.

jman511115

Established Member
I'm surprised that most manufacturers haven't gone the turbo route. Just for instance... The Chevy Cobalt SS uses a 2.0 four cylinder with a turbo to make 260 hp and 260 torque. Combined with all it's running gear, it makes for some pretty impressive performance stats while getting 30 mpg. They could easily do this with cars like the Mustang GT. Give it a six banger and a turbo, and it'd make better gas mileage. I think cars could make plenty of horsepower and have minimal turbo lag by using two small turbos instead of one big one. I think turbos will have a big role in the future of automaking.

Ecoboost.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
How would they make it impossible? With regulations of course. The government already owns Federal Motors so they have strict control of what kind of trash will be produced. Ford will be next. Soon enough we will all be driving golf carts powered by the solar panels from old calculators and a propeller hat.

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
well, you know how the s197's are modeled after the first-gen mustangs. Pretty soon ford will be modeling the new mustangs after the mustang II's (including the engines).

but no matter what, I garuntee i'll be driving a V8 sports car until I'm dead, I don't care what the gov. has to say about it.

John4cam

Established Member
How would they make it impossible? With regulations of course. The government already owns Federal Motors so they have strict control of what kind of trash will be produced. Ford will be next. Soon enough we will all be driving golf carts powered by the solar panels from old calculators and a propeller hat.

LMAO!! People are saying this on talk radio. How our cars are going to be **** boxes before long like you said. We may have to wear a propeller hat while driving these POS's.

God we're doomed.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
This is why I don't understand scarecrow or Esqeddy..Especially Esqeddy.
The subject of this thread is very serious to anyone on here..Otherwise..Why be on here?
Many don't understand just how far government can reach in an effort to influence lifestyle & freedom...Especially when it comes to the choice of which car you can drive.
Governments have been known to tax displacement, HP, & of course, weather or not a car is considered as 'gas guzzler' by TAXING the consumer for being "selfish" for buying such an un PC automobile...HOW DARE YOU drive such a car!
It's only going to get worse.
When the Democratic party (& co-opted RINO's) decides YOUR car has too big of a carbon footprint..They will legislate it out of exsistence by making it too expensive to keep.
I see a "carbon footprint" fee worked into the cost of keeping the car tagged & registered..Based on age of the car, advertised HP, displacement, EPA MPG rating,or all of the above.

Last edited:

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
technology will have its way, IMO there will always be a way to enjoy the sport, the GVT will ban some products or tax the hell out of gas , but the people will always find a way to do what they like..

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
if Obama has his way he will tax the crap out of oil, gas and ammo. so no more hot rods and assault weapons will be built and the ones like mine that are already built will be worth more......

i need to stockpile more spare car parts and ammo ;-)

Freds Basement
guns-l.gif

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member

LOL, rest assure if it ever comes to that the ricers will still find a way to put a wing on it.

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member

While they're talking about it, they haven't had any widespread implementation. They could easily use smaller displacement engines and two small turbos on every car model out there. I'm sure there'd be a few that were left alone or given the option of having a rip-snorting V8 with a twin screw on it.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
LOL, rest assure if it ever comes to that the ricers will still find a way to put a wing on it.

That term will have a different meaning soon once the defiant lawbreakers who exceed the government mandated number of cylinders are suited up in wooden sandals and jumpsuits and sent out to work the rice patties.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
While they're talking about it, they haven't had any widespread implementation. They could easily use smaller displacement engines and two small turbos on every car model out there. I'm sure there'd be a few that were left alone or given the option of having a rip-snorting V8 with a twin screw on it.

Sadly GM is now the ball in mouth sex slave of the government. There will be a much higher priority on vehicles that can use sails or urine for fuel rather than any type of performance.

Users who are viewing this thread