Some pics of my 96 Cobra

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
Great looking ride! I love white cobras. U in need of ur fenders getting rolled? Eric (EB COBRA) is the man! He did mine and a hundred others, he uses a heat gun to keep ur paint from chipping, totally pro, hit him up. :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Ya I thought about hitting up that guy in Long Beach since its not too far and everyone seems to be happy with his work.

The wheels were gloss black when I originally bought them and the guy's name was Thomas. I'm not sure if he was the original owner of the wheels, but he was the one selling them. I sent the money right away through paypal and he took awhile to send them using the excuse that he hadn't received the money yet. Then I stopped getting email responses so I sent an email directly to Danny Swanson asking if he knew anything about the wheels since the ad showed the wheels at his shop. He ended up giving me some guy's cell number to follow up with, and of course I receive an email shortly after from Thomas. The wheels themselves needed all new innner and outer barrels and one of the fronts had a bent center. Aside from the rear centers, the wheels are pretty much new.

yeah i think i remember you mentioning something about that. the guy i knew who had them is friends with DS. dont know thomas though. i do know they passed hands a few times and did need some R&R on them. i know there was some "shadiness" involved with them but nothing that would affect you nor the wheels. shadiness seems to run hand in hand around there :read: did it cost a small fortune to get them cleaned up?

Rev Happy

Established Member
yeah i think i remember you mentioning something about that. the guy i knew who had them is friends with DS. dont know thomas though. i do know they passed hands a few times and did need some R&R on them. i know there was some "shadiness" involved with them but nothing that would affect you nor the wheels. shadiness seems to run hand in hand around there :read: did it cost a small fortune to get them cleaned up?

Ya I've never dealt with Danny but the for sale ad showed the wheels on a red 94/95 Cobra sitting at Swanson's Performance.

The inner and outer barrels weren't crazy expensive but I had to replace all of them. The centers are expensive and run $500 a piece. The fronts originally didn't fit over my Brembos unless I was runnng a small spacer. So the guy at HRE ended up knocking 20% off the total bill since I just ended up having two new centers cut to fit the brakes. They charge a $100 inspection fee per wheel but that includes disassembly and assembly, new center caps, and all new ARP stainless steel fasteners. I had dropped off the wheels in person and they thought I would be picking them up as well. I told them that I needed them shipped back to me and they ended up just overnighting the wheels to my house. I dealt with a guy named Vince and overall they were really a pleasure to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread