Some people don't have a clue!

BenD

Established Member
Shayne

Just reading an earlier discussion about altitude vs sea level and what effect it has really indicates that you don't have a clue. Arguing with sambandit about the issue was rather ludicrous.

The fact is it's plain and simple less oxygen at Bandimere then at a race track in Florida or the East or West Coast. Bandimere is 5800 ft above sea level.

Here's an example to further illustrate this on a more drastic scale. If you were to fly here and immediately rent a car and drive to the top of Pikes Peak direct from the airport, then jump out of the car and run around it three times you would most likely pass out on the 3rd lap. The timing on cars shipped to this altitude are adjusted differently then one shipped to the East Coast. Even at that the car you rented to get to the top of Pikes Peak would be floored by the time you reached 10,000 just to keep it going.

There is less atmospheric pressure here, it's that simple. Cars that are manufactured in Detroit or elsewhere in the mid west and shipped to Denver or Colorado Springs will have over inflated tire pressure. If tires are inflated to 30 lbs in Detroit, as so many are, they will register on the fat side of 33 lbs here. Any PDI guy at the dealers will tell you that because they have to let air out of the tires on new cars

You need to research the facts, especially before you start arguing with folks that run at this altitude, especially Sambandit...it make you look foolish and it's embarrassing.

Ben

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think this is a dead issue now (LOL!), but I totally agree with you. I think the guys main point was that while altitude is a factor with most motors it isn't with a supercharged motor. I disagreed with him and posted an article to prove my point.

Users who are viewing this thread