some guy keeps hiying me up to race from a roll on the freeway

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
some guy keeps hitting me up to race from a roll on the freeway

some guy from work keeps asking to run from a roll , my cobra is stock 03 vert with intake

he has a 96 or so hatch back civic with cam valves and nos not sure how much he is squeezing though, also the car has some slight weight reductions

should i go for it or wait untill more mods like pulley and tune?

Last edited:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
you will take a fat dump on his civic.....those little motors cant take alot of spray without blowing too peices id say hes spraying a 75 shot at most. put money on it
03 cobras pwn rice.

Jefe

Established Member
You shouldnt of even started this thread without the vid of you beating him badly :)

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Tell him your going to vid it and put it on youtube or svt performance, and see if he still wants to race. Any race is a driver's race, but even if you can't shift, you still should smoke him. The sweet Lord needs to speak to these honda guys, and tell them their cars ain't that fast.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
You will put cruise ship lengths on him before shifting out of 3rd. Don't even waste your gas (Unless he pays for it afterwards).

mysticalsnake

Established Member
if it's the stock single cam motor, it'll probably take boost to out run/keep even with you. i have a buddy that is full weight with a built single cam B18, stock head, stock cams. He makes 280 FWHP and from 70-145 i would pull about 4 cars on him with me being full weight with an extra 175lb. passenger, and i was make 468hp/461tq and had full traction.

big thing, find out if it's the "stock motor." if so, find out if it's built or not. If it is and he's praying a HEFTY shot on it, he might surprise you a little bit, but you should still be able to out run him. If the car is a BONE STOCK motor, he'll blow it the **** up before he can out run you on nitrous unless you botch the run.

TORQJNKY

Just go for it. Your chances of winning are 50-50, you either will or you won't. I would think the only reason he wants to race is either he's raced a Cobra before and done well against it or he just put the spray on his car and now thinks that NOS switch gives him a reason to pick on one of the baddest cars known to man.

Although, my neighbor has a turbo Honda Civic that makes 500WHP and runs 10.4's in race attire. As with all breads of cars, you never know what you are going to run into. Sorta like the guys that come to our local cruise ins driving a Mazda Miata with a Corvete motor shoe horned in it, or the satin black 57 Chevy with a Twin Turbo 454 big block. Have fun.

ttk53

Established Member
If its a hatch with a gsr swap and gutted he may beat you those cars with a stock motor run 12's with cams and spray who knows. Now it is the d16 in there u should have no trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread