Some fun with a Mach1

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Spent the afternoon with Brendan [Beagher] with his 03 Mach1 at the dyno and we had a few rolls on the way home. The first was a screwup on my part with me in third and him in fourth and I pulled ahead, 2nd roll both of us were in third and I came out ahead and the third time he got me. My mods are in the sig and he had 96-98 intake cams, 4:30's and a PSR with 331 rwhp. I was really impressed with how his car pulled:rockon:

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I am 80 pounds lighter the Clint, i mean Stephen! I have some weight reduction, my Mach's in the 3400 pound range including me. Maybe it's time for Comp 106400 cams, beehive springs and a Fidanza Aluminum flywheel.

Last edited:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
What is a "96-98 intake"? You mean a CAI/RAI off a 96-98 Cobra?

Sounds like some fun runs.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Stephen did you get re-tuned as well? Sounds like you guys had fun. Sorry I missed out.

Mike

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Do you have the 452hp listed in your sig? And he has 331hp?

Yep.

I am 80 pounds lighter the Clint, i mean Stephen! I have some weight reduction, my Mach's in the 3400 pound range including me. Maybe it's time for Comp 106400 cams, beehive springs and a Fidanza Aluminum flywheel.

Get it right. You are only 75 pounds lighter:lol1: My driver mod may of been lacking but the Mach pulls really well.

Stephen did you get re-tuned as well? Sounds like you guys had fun. Sorry I missed out.

Mike

No re-tune for me with that ticking time bomb.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
My car was also running over 210 degrees during our runs. I need to drop in a lower t-stat to cool things down faster. The Paxton intercooler really slows down the airflow to the rad.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
you lost with 100 more hp......driver MOD time lol..go practice some more

that or you need more gear

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
I haven't driven Stephen's car (yet) but I do know that Brendan's mach pulls damn hard for the numbers. With the C heads it has way more torque and pulls hard right off idle compared to my B-headed beast:lol1:. I'd be happy to give an unbiased comparison to the SVT crew once Stephen hands over the keys :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread