some bad news

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
well car was sold all that was left was a compression test and for him to hand me the check today...

low and behold the car failed. #5 cylinder was very low on compression and the leakdown test proved it was all f'd up :(

so this is good and bad news. I'm keeping the car now and I will be rebuilding it faster and stronger then ever. Car is at JPC now and they are going to tear it apart to see how bad the damage is...

TRBO VNM

I guess things didn't work out with Austin?

suxs, but I guess if it comes back stronger, thats what matters.

what motor are you doing? I would give Al a call. I wouldn't just slap another piston and new rings in. if you are going to do it, do it right.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
I guess things didn't work out with Austin?

suxs, but I guess if it comes back stronger, thats what matters.

what motor are you doing? I would give Al a call. I wouldn't just slap another piston and new rings in. if you are going to do it, do it right.

most likely a new shortblock. and it will be done right since I actually have money this time around... lol

2kbill

Established Member
Bad news maybe, but also perhaps another opportunity to enjoy a Cobra done up the way you want it! Congrats to you Prasad!

Bill

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
See, there is no escape for you. :poke:

That sucks that your sale fell through, but at least now you have a good excuse to keep playing with the rest of us.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wow Prasad, really sorry to see your deal fall through like this. But, I'm sure I speak for the rest of the MACA, that in a selfish sense, we're all glad you're back!!! Keep us posted on what you decide and I'm sure it'll be even more of a monster when you're done with Phase II here.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Wow Prasad, really sorry to see your deal fall through like this. But, I'm sure I speak for the rest of the MACA, that in a selfish sense, we're all glad you're back!!! Keep us posted on what you decide and I'm sure it'll be even more of a monster when you're done with Phase II here.

lol... i'm a little happy myself :p

i just keep going through my head what i can do. Jon, I am thinking of an aluminum block. I'm also going to do the kmember now and maybe differnet headers. I HATE the kooks ones i have now.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
lRageATMl said:
lol... i'm a little happy myself :p

i just keep going through my head what i can do. Jon, I am thinking of an aluminum block. I'm also going to do the kmember now and maybe differnet headers. I HATE the kooks ones i have now.

I also hate your headers. lol :poke:.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
sooo... after thinking about it long and hard i think i am still going to try to sell the car just for less money (20k flat).

i'm going to give it till the end of next week to see if I can unload it for that much, if not i will fix it and keep it forever....

but the more I think about it the more i don't want to spend the amount of money to fix it right... :(

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
lRageATMl said:
sooo... after thinking about it long and hard i think i am still going to try to sell the car just for less money (20k flat).

i'm going to give it till the end of next week to see if I can unload it for that much, if not i will fix it and keep it forever....

but the more I think about it the more i don't want to spend the amount of money to fix it right... :(

About what does it cost to rebuild a terminator engine?

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
for 20 grand the car is a steal, It is setup pretty good, and with a stout motor and more buts its low tens all day long. I would have gotten it, but my wife said no go,with a bad piston, and I got a tl type s. If you buy a new shortblock and get a c.s.s to replace you prolly looking at around 4-5 grand depending on how much you spend on the block.

Users who are viewing this thread