Some advice needed!

455HO71

Established Member
I'm doing the typical TVS conversion into my '11. I've almost hoarded most of my parts before it heads over to Steeda in the spring for the install and dyno/tune. I'll be running the FRPP 65mm dual TB, 123mm JLT, 56 lb injectors, 2.4 pulley and 90mm... C&R Shelby HE...and that's about it for now. I see that BPS sells a bigger elbow for the TVS and created it mainly for their 73mm TB. Is this something to look at or is it overkill for this setup. Also, am I missing anything here?

Finally, I've been agonizing over the decision to paint the 5.8 and SVT on the TVS or paint the whole unit in black and still paint the letters and numbers red. Any opinions on painting the whole thing or concerns I should know about? I bought some high heat primer, enamel and clear today but I want to wait and mull the idea over a little longer!

nxhappy

Established Member
you might want a BAP for those 56s and the 2.4 pulley. Pumps might be maxed out without the BAP. OR get 72s/80s.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
The tb is overkill for your config.

Get the BPS elbow and port match your blower..

The paint thing....just personal opinion, but highlighting the 5.8 on a car that isn't is sort of like curb feelers. Not a fan...but a lot of people do it, so what do I know?

bj

Stetler17

Established Member
I have a 10' with the same parts you have except I added the VMP PnP boosters. Lund required it and it just makes sense to spend the extra $$$ for piece of mind with the 56 injectors.

Good discussion on the BPS port and elbow...I'm thinking I should have went this route and BJ confirmed it.

455HO71

Established Member
The tb is overkill for your config.

Get the BPS elbow and port match your blower..

The paint thing....just personal opinion, but highlighting the 5.8 on a car that isn't is sort of like curb feelers. Not a fan...but a lot of people do it, so what do I know?

bj

I know and I'm not trying to hide the fact that I'm using a different blower. It's kind of like the opposite for me- I like to have something different when people look under the hood so even if I leave the blower finish as is and highlight the number and SVT only.

I've been wondering about getting a B-A-P, so it's been in the back of my mind. If you say that the TB is overkill, then getting the bigger elbow and porting the tvs is also overkill?

Users who are viewing this thread